Chapter x 4 [Book 2]

Krystal was getting ready for bed. She didn't know how she felt, sleeping in another house. But she didn't feel uncomfortable. She felt relieved, if anything. She hoped she'd find a new, loving family soon. Heck, maybe she'd get an adopted sibling.

She climbed into Alluka's old bed, which was rather comfy. She wasn't used to sleeping so early! Sometimes she'd stay up until midnight cleaning her parents' house.

Originally, her intentions were just to run away from her old life, and live by herself. She didn't want to be found by her parents, so she'd go into hiding. Only a few hours into her plan, she realized that there was no way she could possibly be alone in the world, all by herself. She had instantly regretted the choice she made only a few hours before, because at least she had a roof over her head. She started to second-guess herself, thinking if she should go back or not, regardless of how much she did not want to.

But, instead, she was greeted with two nice people, willing to help her. And she was so grateful for them.

"I never knew the world could be so kind..." Krystal thought. "I was shown that people were brutal and selfish..."

She then closed her eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

...

The next morning, Killua woke up at 7:00 am, as usual.

He woke up to a sleeping Gon snuggling up to him, his face smashed against Killua's chest.

And Killua laid his forehead against Gon's forehead, Gon's eyes slowly opened.

"Good morning, my sunshine," Killua whispered, his arms embracing Gon. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good," Gon replied sleepily, yawning. His position shifted in bed, his head turning on his pillow. "I'm starving, though."

"Me too," Killua nodded. "Let's go then," he smiled, getting out of bed.

But Gon, instead of following like he normally does, stayed put and frowned.

"Aww, what's wrong now?" Killua asked, turned around and looking at his husband.

Gon stayed silent, staring back at Killua.

"Did I do something wrong?" Killua asked, sitting down on the bed and cupping Gon's cheek.

"...You forgot to give me my morning kiss," Gon said sadly.

Killua's concern quickly went away and he started to laugh at the comment.

"It's not funny!" Gon pouted, his head still turning to Killua for the kiss.

...

"Better?" Killua smiled, pulling away.

Gon nodded, taking the extended hand Killua had offered.

As they walked, Gon told Killua, "Go check if Krystal is awake."

"Right," Killua walked over to the bedroom door, and slowly opened it.

"She's out cold," Killua turned back to Gon after peeking inside the room and closing the door.

"We'll wait for her downstairs, then," Gon said. "In the meantime, I'll make us food."

"Alright," Killua nodded, holding Gon's hand all the way to the kitchen.

...

"Killua, can you hand the me sugar, please?" Gon said, waving his husband over to come help him.

"Yeah, yeah," Killua got up grudgingly.

"Well, excuse me, but you do not get to lay back while I do everything," Gon stuck out his tongue.

Killua rolled his eyes dramatically, chuckling to himself.

...

A couple minutes passed, and a plate of French toast was placed in front of Killua's face.

"Enjoy, my princess," Gon teased.

Killua scowled at that comment, aggressively picking up his fork and stabbing it into the piece of bread.

After they had sat down, they got deep into conversation.

"Well, we should probably ask Kurapika about this. I'm sure he'd—" Gon paused.

"Ahh, I'm so sorry, I overslept!" Krystal came running into the dining room, all dressed up.

"No need for you to apologize," Killua said, smiling.

"No, no, no, I'm the one who should've made breakfast," she said. "It's the least I could've done."

"Please don't feel that way, Krystal," Gon shook his head. "You don't owe us anything."

"Yeah, don't feel obligated to do that kind of stuff here," Killua added. "We'll take care of it."

Krystal sighed, her heart warming up a bit.

"We're the adults here, anyways," Killua shrugged.

"Alright," Krystal nodded, sitting down with them.

"Here's your food!" Gon grinned, placing a plate in front of the girl.

"Thank you so much," Krystal expressed.

"Of course!" Gon answered happily.

...

After they finished eating, and after the dishes were cleaned, they tried to figure out what they were gonna do for the day.

"Maybe we could go to the mall?" Killua suggested.

"Yeah! And let's ask Alluka to come! She loved the mall," Gon smiled.

"Perfect," Killua said, pulling out his phone and texting his little sister. "Then we're all set."