[46] Dirty Off Trick

The place looked like a bar

The place looked like a bar. There wasn’t a single window but the wooden floor looked polished and new. A bar table with some stools, a TV on the wall, broadcasting their kidnapping incident - Katsuki scoffed at how fast the media news can travel - and the place was a lot cleaner than he expected. A soft light casted over the rows of alcohol on the shelves but Katsuki thought they looked like they were more for display only.

It reeked of third rated villain wannabes and distilled wine in here.

Katsuki sat in the metal chair. It was uncomfortably cold and hard against his bum and back but he ignored it. His wrists were bounded by metal too, while thick leather straps tied him to the chair. His wrists felt raw but he didn't smell any blood so it probably wasn’t that bad. And sure, his body was stiff and a rash would probably develop but It could have been worse, considering the chemical component of his sweat.

Sawada was in a less savage state than Katsuki was. Both his hands and feet were tied to a metal chair they sat him at with cable wires. His head hung low and with his steady breathing tempo, Katsuki could tell he was sleeping. Huh. Dumbass motherfucker can sleep through the whole being kidnapped ordeal. Oh, well. The fucking Lion Head did say he had been through several kidnapping situations already, so this wasn't his first time. Not that Katsuki believed him 100%.

There was no way to tell the time and they don’t know how long they have been knocked out. Judging from his physical state, Katsuki would guess they were out for no longer than a few hours at best. The first time his consciousness surfaced, Katsuki had woken up with a bunch of villains staring at him. Their murderous ringleader wanted to recruit him, which was bullshit in Katsuki’s opinion.

And now they were at it again. They were persistent, Katsuki would give them that. Society failed you, you clearly don’t belong, they see you as something different from their standards, yada yada yada, huuvah! It was as if they got a handbook on recruiting newbie villains and they are trying every trick in it.

Like hell he would join the villains side, even if it was clearer than a cloudless sky that his actions are more like a villain than that of a hero. It's not like he could do anything to supress or reduce his explosive nature. He was an explosives specialist, of course he'd live up to the term itself, even if it meant seeing him like, in a shrewd way: apathetic and cruel, with no other meaning to the word hero except taking down villains.

Shigaraki, or Hands, was seated on one of the bar stools. He still looked like some university kid who spent too much time staying up late to play video games. He was just about to explode himself, seeing as Katsuki was hard-headed and uncooperative. He was about to hit Katsuki when a cold voice tried to placate the violent manchild.

"Now, now. Let us not resort to violence. We do not need to hurt each other."

"About damn time you wake up. You sleep like a log, for fucks sake!" Katsuki shouted at his co-victim.