[23] Heartstrings Tugged and Pulled

Shoto was sitting in the participants room, alone

Shoto was sitting in the participants room, alone. Weighing his thoughts.

It all came back to Shoto. His mom, his hell training with his father, him being isolated from the rest of his siblings. The memory of his mom telling him not to hate his powers, that he can be a hero with it, that he can be whatever he wanted with it. He also remembered, like a rushing stream of super strong water currents trying to wash him away, the day his mom poured boiling water over his left side, just because he was starting to look just like him.

He remembered all those and yet, he forgot why he was doing all these in the first place. Why did he wanted to be a hero? Oh, right. Because he was the sole witness as to how his father abused and hurt his mom. He wanted to be her hero and save her from the abuse. Why was there a need to be at top place? Oh, right. Because he was his father's masterpiece, his ticket to achieving his goal of beating the current Number 1 All Might. Why is there hate in Shoto's heart towards the always smiling hero? No, that's not right. He didn't feel any kind of animosity towards the bulky blond man. It was just ideals ingrained to him by his ambitious and greedy father. In all honesty, Shoto admired All Might. He was cool and Shoto wanted to be like him. Only his mom knew of this, she even encouraged him.

Tsuna was walking towards the participants room, his thoughts a jumbled mess. It was already the final match, and he's 1 of the participants.. He's already done enough to stand out. There was also Izuku finding a Cloud and harmonizing with it. While Tsuna didn't have anything against the greenet collecting his set of Guardians all by his own, Todoroki, his Cloud, was a slightly different matter. Todoroki was a legacy; the Hero Number 2's son, no less. And they were Mafiosi. Izuku was already walking on a thin line. Thoughts taking his complete focus, he opened the door to what he thought was his room and saw the said Cloud inside, face unreadable as he stared at his hand. Todoroki looked at Tsuna with his eternally stoic face, which made his Dame-Tsuna personality squirm in nervousness. "Ah, sorry. I guess I've entered the wrong room. Excuse me," he apologized and started closing the door, giving the man his much needed privacy and focus.

"Sawada-kun," he called, which made Tsuna halt his actions. He gestured at the seat across him, to which Tsuna accepted the offer. "What happened there?"

"Where?" Tsuna asked, feigning ignorance. He  doesn't want to pull Todoroki in yet to their world. He needed to talk and think things through with Izuku first before giving the bi-quirk user his impending crash course in mafia 101. They haven't even talked to Uraraka about it, though the girl was taking it in stride, oblivious to what being a Sun entailed. So no, not yet. Not until Izuku either completed his set or would be open about it with them.

"Back just after our match. I... I felt this overbearing heat during my fight with Midoriya. But when I held his hand, it all... It was all gone. It was replaced with warmth and comfort and clarity and some other things I don't understand."

"Uhm... Maybe it's just the temperature his quirk takes form in." Tsuna deflected.

"Then how about when you kicked Shinso towards us and I don't know what was in me but I just... Hugged back like it was the most acceptable and the only right thing to do?" Shoto retorted. Don't even get him started with Uraraka, who he took by the hand, while taking Midoriya's hand, clasped them together, and placed them above his lap.