[30] The Old Is Gone, The New Has Come

Izuku was writing down his report when he felt a nudge from the Cloud Bond

Izuku was writing down his report when he felt a nudge from the Cloud Bond. That was also when Tsuna suddenly barged in his office. "Iida-kun," was all his boss needed to say for Izuku to understand. He jumped over his table and ran to Tsuna as he willed up his Night Flames. Tsuna readily let out his own Sky Flames to harmonize him for the flight.

They appeared exactly when Shoto was about to get kissed by Stain. His Cloud was fast enough to block him with both his elements.

He effortlessly swung his scythe around Akaguro, wrapping him and pulling him away from his Cloud, kicking him away to gain even more distance. The possibility of Stain recognizing wasn't on his mind, even if it meant revealing what he used to do to the unfortunate ones like Kacchan and Iida and Shoto, who he hadn't told everything just yet.

He already had a feeling when he heard the news of Iida's brother being hospitalized after being attacked by Stain. He always knew he'd have an inevitable meeting with the guy he used to spend time with whenever he had a mission in Japan. He knew there was even a possibility that they would have to fight. It was unavoidable, unescapable, yes; he just didn't expect it would be this soon.

Izuku knew the villain Hero Killer: Stain by his true name Chizome Akaguro. A former hero trainee who became disillusioned with the hero system after seeing how many became heroes for money and fame, and following his brief career as a vigilante known as Stendhal prior to his defeat by Knuckleduster, turned into a serial killer with the mission of purging society of those he did not consider to be true heroes. His Quirk is Bloodcurdle, which allows him to paralyze a person for a certain period of time by ingesting their blood.

On the other hand, all Akaguro knew about Yamikumo was that he was displeased with heroes, that he worked for someone who had equal displeasure towards heroes. That he was quirkless and only relied on guns.

Yamikumo - Izuku, Mikumo, or whatever name Akaguro would like to use, not that he knew any more names other than Yamikumo - wasn't the same anymore. He now had lightyears speed in his arsenal thanks to his Night Flames. He can also use the other Flames in his body, though it drains him too much it renders him being a liability to others. Using his tertiary Flames had a different approach compared to Hayato's, because Izuku is a Night primarily and a Sky secondarily.

He could feel Kacchan's anger. He could feel Iida's discouragement towards himself. He could feel Tsuna's contempt at the impending revelation if they didn't do a thing about it. He could feel Shoto's agitation at the truths being slapped into his face.

Because, of course, no one except the Vongola Boss, his Guardians, and Hitoshi knew who Izuku Midoriya used to be. Who really his hero persona Yamikumo was. They haven't told neither his Cloud nor his Sun that story yet.

He could also feel Akaguro's growing confusion, because it is true he is seeing Yamikumo in the flesh. But the boy in front of him is a different person. Yamikumo is quirkless. This boy who had - albeit looking exactly like Yamikumo - named himself as Izuku Midoriya had a quirk of rainbow-colored fire. The boy simply wasn't his Yamikumo.