CHAPTER 13: His Inner Demon

"Man, the next fights after the first 2 went so fast I just watched!" Kaminari said.

"But this might be exciting! I mean, they've all been together since middle school! And they're strong too!" Kirishima exclaimed happily.

"You're in for a surprise, then. Watch carefully," Shinso smugly snided.

Shoto Todoroki is interested as well. He wanted to know why that Sawada kid felt cold even if he had a fire quirk. Because his own quirk was different. His would cause him hypothermia for using too much ice and overheating for too much fire. But since he has the perfect balance among them, his temperature was always normal. He didn't even get to have fevers, because his damn body kept on healing itself with its stupid temperature fixes.

"You may enter now, heroes," came in All Might's permission.

Gokudera and Yamamoto ran straight, as if they knew where exactly their target is.

"Damn those Flame sensors," Midoriya muttered. Flame sensors?

The silver-haired teen opened the door and poked his head, only to be greeted by flying daggers aimed at him. But Gokudera expertly dodged each dagger with a smirk.

"Wow! That's fast!"

Yamamoto ran in, ignoring Gokudera and dodging Dokuro's attacks, straight to the target, to where Sawada is, his bamboo sword now ablaze in blue flow-like fire.

'Another fire quirk?' Shoto asked himself. No, wait. Maybe it only appeared like fire. It was too languid to be anything like fire.

Yamamoto kicked his sword forward to hit Sawada, Shoto heard an "oi, that's dangerous," but the latter caught his sword, pinning the blade in between 2 fingers, which earned a few amazed gasps and comments from their classmates.

"Damnit, I still haven't forgotten the hit I took from that sword-kicking technique," Midoriya muttered again under his breath.

"How can you even kick a sword? Who even does that?"

"Takeshi Yamamoto, apparently. How can you even catch a kicked sword with just your 2 fingers?"

"Tsunayoshi Sawada, apparently."

"The flaming forehead can't be seen on a monitor too," oddly, Shoto can hear Shinso whispering in Midoriya's ear. "Please don't tell Verde or Shoiche or even Spanner. I'd be subjected to their endless experiments again." Shinso's been a lab rat? Now that's disturbing, if Shoto had an ounce of care in his being.

But what surprised Shoto was when the sword turned to ice, starting from Sawada's fingers spreading to the hilt that Yamamoto abruptly released.

"Another dual quirk user like Todoroki-san?" he heard someone say but doesn't register who. He was so absorbed in too much thinking that he can't even process the fact that Sawada is also an ice and fire quirk user like him.

Though he seems to favor his fire over his ice, unlike Shoto who prefers his ice over his fire just to flip his father off.

Because he hates his father. His father who isolated him from his siblings just because he was his parents masterpiece; because he was the one who would fulfill his father's dream of becoming the Number 1 hero, of surpassing All Might whom his father hated so much for reasons Shoto doesn't know.

His father is an ambitious man. As a Pro-hero, he quickly garnered attention, money, fame and reputation. But for the man, the living legend that is All Might sticks out like a sore thumb. To him the man known as Symbol of Peace is a thorn to his side.

His father cannot rely on his power to surpass his nemesis, so he devised a plan. It was an immoral and old way of thinking that his father so greedily feasted upon with his glory and riches.