Chapter 71: Witness for Belle

An unexpected witness approached Belle and her lawyer one time when they were talking in a coffee shop about their case against Principal Lenny Lambert. It's not impossible for a woman like Belle to be recognized for being very well known in the whole world due to its horrible past history with Paul Breckmann. Belle doesn't know their witness that much but she saw it several times at Hiltons University when she was still working as an elementary teacher. Belle has this feeling that they can trust their new witness and will be ready in court to take the stand. The name of their witness against the Principal is Rizza Solace who has something in common with Belle's situation. It got scared before to show up and fight for her right as a teacher until she heard Belle's bravery. The next day, the second hearing started and Rizza was able to take the witness stand.

"Please stand. Raise your right hand. Do you promise that the testimony you shall give in the case before this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God"?

"I do".

"Please state your first and last name".

"Rizza Solace".

"You may now take the stand".

"Rizza, how long have you worked at Hiltons University"?

"I worked there for 10 years".

"10 years is a very long time. Have you ever been mistreated at Hiltons University by anyone of your colleagues"?

"No one in my colleagues mistreated me except for one person".

"Who are you talking about Mrs. Solace"?

"I'm talking about Principal Lenny Lambert who mistreated me"!

"How did she mistreat you"?

"She panicked when I found out about her secret at Hiltons University. She doesn't want me to reveal it and when I already knew too much, Principal Lenny Lambert threatened me. She told me that if I won't keep my mouth shut, she is going to fire me! If I will say a word to anyone about her dark secret, she might ask someone to murder me"!

"Can you tell us what secret that is and what are the exact words that she told you on her threats"?

"Her secret is about stealing money in different ways. Principal Lenny Lambert always adds additional payment on the tours of students, tuition fees and other activities that shouldn't be paid by anyone. We can consider that what she's doing is a big corruption in school! There was also this one time when my co-teacher lost some of her salary on her bag and the Principal was the one who stole it! When I found out about these secrets that she has been keeping from everyone in school, she threatened on killing me! The exact words that she told me was: you better start to pray and ask God's guidance in your life for you might die tomorrow or the next days to come if you won't keep your mouth shut"!

"How did you find out about these secrets Mrs. Solace"?

"I overheard her talking to her secretary at Hiltons University"!

"Do you mean to say that her secretary was involved in all of her crimes"?

"Yes, they are partners in crime"!

"She not only threatened in killing you but also threatened in firing you, did she"?

"Yes she did threaten in firing me"!

"When did she fire you Mrs. Solace"?

"She fired me one week ago after firing Belle Reynolds"!

"Did you make a report about this to any police station"?

"No I didn't file a report to any police station on what she did to me".

"Why didn't you tell anyone about this especially to the police who can help you solve your case"?

"I was afraid to tell anyone about me getting fired by Principal Lenny Lambert at Hiltons University because she is a very powerful person and I have no chance in winning a case against her. I was also thinking about her threats on getting me killed by someone. I don't want her threats to be a reality. My daughter and husband still need me. My life is more important than my job"!

"Why did you decided to show up now in court against Principal Lenny Lambert"?

"I had the courage to show up here in court because of Belle Reynolds. When I heard about her bravery on television filing a case against the Principal, I thought of taking my chances and realized that I'm not alone. I'm not just the Principal's victim"!

"How is your family right now Mrs. Solace"?

"We are having financial difficulties with lots of debts to different people! We weren't able to pay some of our bills at home and it's because of me getting fired as a teacher! I just want justice for me and my family. If you will let Principal Lenny Lambert get away with this, she will have more victims in the future"!

"It looks like my client Belle Reynolds was not the only person fired in the wrong way! Mrs. Solace was also a victim of wrongful termination here! There will be no more further questions your honor"!

Rizza Solace doesn't know if she did well on the stand but was glad to be of great help against the Principal of Hiltons University.

"Did I do well on the stand"?

"Yes you did well Mrs. Solace and don't worry because those statements that you had given in this court room helped a lot especially to my client Belle Reynolds".

"I'm just scared Atty. Nigel Ford for my life"!

"We will do anything just to protect you. The principal won't hurt you in any way because of your statements earlier. If something bad happens to you after this hearing, she will be the only suspect on having a motive to hurt you".

"Thanks a lot Atty. Nigel Ford"!