Chapter 49: Suspect #2

The sex video scandal of Ashley Reynolds and Fred Walls was being played in the police station. Belle and Kevin immediately went to the station just to show the video to Detective Ryan Cole and Detective Michael Sanders. They are determined to make the two Detectives investigate on Fred Walls which will be their next suspect on Ashley's disappearance. They were able to watch the said video because of an internet connection. Belle stayed outside the office where Detective Ryan Cole, Detective Michael Sanders, and Kevin are watching the video scandal because she can't take it anymore and doesn't want to see the tragic incident that Ashley encountered.

"I want you to investigate on him Detective Ryan Cole. We can never let this pass"! Kevin said to Detective Ryan Cole with an angry voice.

"It is so lewd Mr. Reynolds"!                                                   

"I not only want him for an interrogation on my daughter's disappearance! We are going to demand him for sexual harassment, sexual abuse, violence against women and rape case"!

"You have all the evidence you need Mr. Reynolds to have him imprisoned but for now, we can only interrogate him but not to arrest him. We still need to make that warrant of arrest".

"I understand Detective Ryan Cole. Do what you have to do just to make him imprisoned. He should pay for what he has done to Ashley! How long do you think this case will last if we demand him with our evidences to be presented in court"?

"It will be a quick case Mr. Reynolds. It will only take a few weeks and the court will immediately decide that he is guilty beyond reasonable doubts".

"When will you start to interrogate him"?

"Detective Michael Sanders and I will go to his house right after watching this video. There is only one thing that bothers me Mr. Reynolds".

"What is it Detective Ryan Cole"?

"Have you ever wondered who recorded this video"?

"I never thought of that and the first thing which came to my mind is Fred Walls made the video himself".

"I was just thinking that there is a possibility that Fred wasn't the one who recorded his video scandal with your daughter".

"What made you think of this"?

"Just think about logic. Why would Fred leave some evidence behind on what he has done to your daughter Ashley if it will put him in prison? It was uploaded on the internet Mr. Reynolds and if he was the one to record the said video, I don't think that he will upload it for everyone to see".

"You have a point".

"There is only one way to find out and that would be making a visit to his house right now".

"Thank you Detective Ryan".

"Go home with your wife Belle and once we get some information I will call you as soon as possible".

"To be honest, I want to go with you and Detective Michael Sanders and see that bastard"!

"I'm sorry Mr. Reynolds but I can't let you do that. This is a police investigation and no one is allowed to go with us for safety reasons. You need to trust us".

Lots of car horns can be heard everywhere. The town is full of smoke coming from different vehicles being blown on its gas pipe. Fred is in a hurry running all the way back to his house. Hunger can be seen on his face craving for something that he doesn't know. He is planning to leave and have a bad feeling that the cops might already be looking for him because of the sex video scandal he has with Ashley Reynolds. He quickly opened the front door of his house and ran to the kitchen. Opening the kitchen's cabinet, he took some cup noodles and have them boiled with water. His house is a mess but don't have plans to clean it. Several cockroaches are crawling on the wall. His comfort room has a malodorous smell. There is a trash on the floor of his house. Fred Just got back home after a week and he felt scared about the consequences that may arise. He stayed at the house of his relatives and this is the only time he had the courage to go home. When the cup noodles got cooked, he ate it in a fast manner. Then he went upstairs and packed his baggage with all of his clothes. He just wants to escape and have no idea where to go. He doesn't want to go to prison. Fred didn't put his clothes properly and pulled his baggage downstairs. He had a doubt to go out of the house upon hearing two people talking.

"Do you think he is home"? A man said.

"We will only know that he is home if we are going to knock on his door".

Lights can be seen outside the house of Fred Walls. Sirens are wailing around the area and when he took a look at his window, it was Detective Ryan Cole and Detective Michael Sanders. Detective Michael Sanders saw him peeking out the window.

"Fred Walls, we are asking you to get out of there! This is Detective Michael Sanders and Detective Ryan Cole! We just want to talk to you and ask you a few questions! We won't arrest you and you just need to cooperate"!

"If you have nothing to hide, you won't be afraid to face us out here"! Detective Ryan Cole added.

Fred Walls had no choice and he just opened the front door of his house. The two Detectives went inside and saw his baggage in the living room which he packed just now.

"Where are you going Fred"? Detective Ryan Cole asked.

"I'm planning to have a vacation". Fred Walls lied.

"Do you have any idea why we are here"?

"No, I don't know why".

"We would like to invite you to our office and ask a few questions on what happened between you and Ashley Reynolds".

"You can't escape anymore Mr. Walls and we have all the evidences against you. You're lucky that we still don't have a warrant of arrest. We just need your cooperation"! Detective Michael Sanders said.

"Sure Detectives! As you have said, I can no longer escape and I will go with you at the police station".