Chapter 60: Trevor Mckinley on Witness stand

Footsteps are approaching in the court room and everyone is staring at the man who is about to take the witness stand against Fred Walls. It was already 9:10a.m., and Belle thought that Trevor won't make it but he did. They waited for five minutes before Trevor finally showed up to be a witness for Ashley Reynolds. Belle wore a big smile on her face as she watched Trevor go in front of the court room. Atty. Nigel Ford asked him several questions that can make their case stronger.

"Do you have any idea about your girlfriend Ashley Reynolds having an inappropriate relationship with Fred Walls last year when she is not yet missing"?

"Yes I do know about their inappropriate relationship".

"How did you know about it? Did Ashley Reynolds confess it to you"?

"No she didn't. I found it out by myself. I caught the two of them making love on bed in Fred Walls's own house in his bedroom"!

"What are you doing in Fred Walls's house from the first place Trevor? Why are you there"?

"I was there for the reason that I followed Ashley in a secretive way. I don't want her to know that I'm around hoping to find out if she is keeping something from me. I felt that she is acting odd the past few days before I discovered that she was in a relationship with Fred"!

"So you saw them making love on bed in his house"?

"Yes I did saw them"!

"What was your reaction Trevor? I mean she is your girlfriend and you love her so much but then, you found out that she was cheating on you"!

"I felt anger in my heart that day! I felt disgusted towards Ashley and I hated her. I kept on asking myself the question why did she do it?! Where did I go wrong for her to cheat on me?! I felt like she was never contented with the kind of guy I had become! I felt that she might be lying to me the whole time that we have been in a relationship together. At that time, I'm not really sure if she really had loved me truthfully. I did everything I could just to make her happy and I don't know why she needed to enter a complicated world with Fred without thinking about the consequences that may arise because of those actions that she had committed"!

"What was the atmosphere like when you saw them making love on bed? Was Ashley Reynolds being forced to make love with Fred Walls or did she like what she was doing with him"?

"I saw a bit of tears rolling down on Ashley's eyes. The door of his room was left opened which is why I saw them".

"Do you think that Ashley Reynolds was really forced in making love"?

"Yes I can definitely say that Ashley didn't mean to make love with him when I saw them. She didn't enjoy what they did and she was like begging for Fred to stop"!

"That was a lie and you know that she enjoyed every single moment that we had together on bed! You are such an asshole Trevor"! Fred Walls said starting to be hysterical in the court room.

"You need to calm down Fred"! Atty. Mark Boyle stopped Fred from being hysterical.

Everyone whispered in the court room and talked about the way Fred Walls acted hysterically inside. They laughed at him and know that it will only be a few days before the judge makes a decision for Fred as a guilty person beyond reasonable doubts.

"How did you get out of Fred's house without them noticing you"? Atty. Nigel Ford asked.

"I went down the stairs as fast as I could. I don't know if they heard my footsteps or what. I just thought of getting out of the house and banged the front door. I drove away after and I think they didn't see me".

"Did you confront Ashley Reynolds about this? Did you tell her that you knew about their inappropriate relationship that she kept from you for a long time"?

"Yes I did confront her in a coffee shop".

"How did your conversation go with her"?

"She kept on denying it at first until I told her that all lies should end. I told her that I already knew about her secret. I broke up with her that day and I told her that I can't fool myself anymore and our relationship won't work! I showed her some evidence about being in an inappropriate relationship with Fred such as pictures of them making love on bed! Those pictures were taken by Albie McCoy who recorded and uploaded their sex video scandal on the internet"!

"You didn't tell anyone about Ashley's secret after breaking up with her"?

"I kept my mouth shut and thought of Ashley. I don't want her to be in big trouble because I'm still in love with her. I have to admit that I love her until now even though she did cheat on me"!

"You had been an actor at the theater club of Hiltons University am I right Trevor"?

"Yes I was an actor before at the theater club of Hiltons University".

"What kind of stage plays did you do with Ashley Reynolds"?

"I acted as Romeo in the stage play Romeo and Juliet with Ashley. We have been good partners and the crowd liked us a lot".

"Have you noticed anything strange at the theater club"?

"What do you mean by strange things"?

"Strange things like Ashley acting odd when you haven't found out yet about her inappropriate relationship with Fred Walls"?

"Yes I did notice some strange things going on".

"Can you describe those strange things to us Trevor"?

"Ashley acts odd several times in front of me and to everyone. Whenever I asked her if there is something wrong, she will only tell me that she is fine and that I need to stop worrying too much. I felt her being uncomfortable inside the theater room. I caught her looking back at Fred Walls one time when we were about to get out of the room after our rehearsals in acting"!

"Do you think Fred Walls was the one who first stared at her"?

"I think he was the one who first stared at Ashley in that theater room trying to seduce her"!

"So, are you trying to tell us that from that moment on, Fred Walls showed a different kind of interest to Ashley Reynolds"?

"Yes he showed a different kind of interest towards Ashley and I'm sure that it's about seduction! I would also like to share something here in the court room as I take this witness stand for the Reynolds family against Fred"!

"What is it that you want to share with us Trevor against Fred Walls"?

"I had sensed something wrong going on one time when I went to school so early in the morning. Ashley was always the first student present in class because of her mother Mrs. Reynolds who doesn't want to be late for school and a teacher as well in Hiltons University. I was the second student who entered our classroom one time and I saw Fred Walls and Ashley alone inside. I found it weird when I entered inside because the door was closed and I was the one who left it opened. I saw Ashley sweating a lot when I sat beside her in front of the classroom. I always sit in front with Ashley in all of our subjects. I had suspicions that she might want to tell me something on that day. She is so nervous and I felt it. I also found it weird when I noticed that the air-con was still turned off and we are already sitting on our chairs. Fred Walls gave us a quiz that day and Ashley had difficulty in focusing on it. She left her paper without any answers and I got worried. She told me that she is just not feeling well. I asked her to go home but she didn't listen to me and thought of handling being present in our classes".

"Do you think something happened between the two of them inside the classroom that day before you entered"?

"I guess so but I'm not sure".

"Will there be anything else that you want to share with us Trevor"?

"That's all I could share with everyone Atty. Nigel Ford"!

"Ok. There will be no more further questions your honor"!

"Let's have a break before we proceed into this hearing for today! Atty. Mark Boyle wants to question Mrs. Reynolds and take the witness stand later on"! Judge Bernard Cardenas said ordering everyone to take a rest for a while.