Chapter 53: Talk for Skyler

The town of California is experiencing devastation right at this time because of an unexpected typhoon that hits the land of the state. Many trees had lost its leaves and several houses were destroyed. All hopes had been taken away for several people who were affected by the typhoon especially those who ended up being homeless somewhere around the area. Hunger rises in the state and many lives had been taken away as well in one snap like a blink of an eye. Skyler has a comparison to those people who lost hope in having a great and successful future in life. He don't have any difference when it comes in being hopeless for the most important thing he had left was gone and stolen which is education for better opportunities. Tears rolled down Skyler's eyes as he watched the television in their living room and had witnessed the disaster that the United States of America encountered. Life is unfair and he can't understand the purpose of losing the privilege in going to school because of a crime that he did not commit and wasn't supposed to be punished. Skyler won't be allowed to study in school once again not until his mother Belle finishes their family's battle against the institution where he studied in elementary. He is not allowed to transfer either into other schools for the reason of being kicked out and not receiving a good moral character. No one will accept Skyler which is a big struggle for him. His family is determined to file a case especially against Principal Lenny Lambert who won't be easy to put down. Today will be the most emotional and unique day of his life wherein Marianne Colt, the psychologist of his mother is going to visit him for a talk. Skyler never wanted to talk to a psychologist but he has no choice and thought of doing it for Belle. What happened in their family changed Skyler a lot and its parents thought that Marianne will be of great help to bring their old son back. Skyler is just staring outside their window thinking about what kind of guy he would become if his school didn't kicked him out. It was 10:00a.m., when Marianne came and instead of doing a session talk in the living room of the Reynolds house, they did it upstairs in the room of Skyler which it had requested for some privacy.

"Good morning Skyler".

"Good morning Mrs. Colt".

"How are you doing today"?

"I don't know what I'm supposed to feel. My life has never been the same after my school kicked me out".

"I know how hard it is. What are your thoughts about it? Do you think someone is to blame for this"?

"I hate them so much. I don't understand why they have to take away my dreams. It's really unfair and they have no right to step on our family the way they did. Yes I do think that someone is to blame for all this misery that my family is currently experiencing right now".

"Who do you think is to blame"?

"I'm blaming my sister who started this battle that my mom puts our family into. It's because of her that is why I lost everything. I can't blame anyone else but her. She had us involved in a crime that she did and I felt disgust towards her. If only Ashley thought about being a decent girl, I would have been a different guy in school that anyone would dream of"!

"What kind of guy would you have become if all of these things never happened"?

"I would be popular especially in extra-curricular activities by excelling and developing my talents. I won't be here at home today doing nothing but to sulk in one corner of this room"!

"Why don't you go out and have some time with your friends"?

"It won't work out for me especially because the closest friends that I had in school turned against me whom I thought are real"!

"It's not yet too late for you Skyler. You're still young and many things await you. The friends that you have known are not worth it. You will find more friends in the future and all you need is patience. I can understand your pain and what you are going through. God may have better plans for you and it is the reason why he decided not to let you finish your studies in the institution you have been to over the years of your life. Ashley is not to blame for this problem that you have. She may did something wrong and you got involved but you can't blame her for she is not the one responsible in kicking you out. The principal of the school should be the one to blame for this battle. I know deep down in my heart that there is a big possibility for your family to win the case which will be filed against your school. What Principal Lenny Lambert did was very inappropriate and there is a part of our law in any state indicating that your mother Belle will only be fired as a teacher if she did something wrong to ruin her own name such as to what Fred Walls does being in an inappropriate relationship with your sister".

"Why do you think good reputation and fame is very important to most people in this world"?

"It is important to some people in order to easily get what they want. Some never cared about happiness and what their hearts tell them to do. What matters is power like the principle of Principal Lenny Lambert. She thought of earning big money through students enrolling in her institution rather than caring about what is happening around those students like you. She will do anything just to maintain the progress of the institution especially its reputation without taking the risk of having an employee with bad record on its family background and the like".

"It's really sucks to realize these things"!

"It is sad but this is the reality of life. What do you do for fun in school when you were still studying"?

"I most of the time like to play basketball with friends after class. Sometimes I play in school if I have time but mostly, I do play in the court here in our subdivision".

"I suggest you to go out there and meet people that you don't know. Try to reach out on them and it will be of great help. As I have told you, you will meet new friends in no time. How did the things that happened in your family have changed you"?

"I've been so depressed. I forgot how to smile. My days were covered with darkness and I don't know when I will be able to recover from this miserable life I am at right now. I felt betrayed by the people I care about especially my friends who turned away from me to avoid shame and humiliation".

"Don't rush yourself into recovery Skyler. Take everything slow like little by little and I assure you that you will be alright. What I want you to do right now is to enjoy outside not thinking about anything".

"I will try to do what you told me Marianne".

"Don't think about the time that has been wasted in your studies. Remember that once a door closes, there will always be a new one to open soon and you will just know it unexpectedly. Hiltons University may not be for you. There are still other great Universities you can transfer to. I'll be praying for your mother's success in the case that she will file against Principal Lenny Lambert. Is there anything else that you want to talk about Skyler"?

"I have nothing to tell you as of the moment Mrs. Colt. I appreciate the time that you gave me".

"I think this is it. I have to go now and would visit other houses for another session talk. I do hope to hear from you soon again in doing what I told you".

"Have a nice day Mrs. Colt and take care of yourself".

"Goodbye Skyler".

"Goodbye Mrs. Colt".

Skyler was relieved after talking to Marianne Colt. He may still be sad but at least he had someone to talk to and let his emotions out on his mind which bothers him for a couple of months now.