Chapter 63: Interrogation #3

"I'm supposed to be having fun with friends right now and not being dragged by someone in this station"! Carrie Valdez started screaming at Detective Michael Sanders.

"Well, if you're going to give your full cooperation with us on Ashley Reynolds's case, we will immediately let you go Ms. Valdez"!

"What does Ashley's case have anything to do with me"?!

"We are having suspicions that you might be the one who kidnapped her"!

"What an accusation coming from you Detective! I have nothing to do with her disappearance and I don't care where she is! I don't want to be involved in this case anyway and who does?! I want to go home right now"!

"You are not going anywhere until I say so! We will have a serious conversation here and you have no choice but to answer some questions that I will be asking you"!

"Ok, whatever you say Detective! It looks like I don't have any choice but to follow your orders. Will you arrest me later after our serious conversation"?

"No Ms. Valdez! I'm not going to arrest you. I just want to have a talk about Ashley Reynolds. You might be the key in finding her. I just want you to tell me the truth and I promise you that this will be over! You will never hear from us again and you will be free like a bird! Can you promise me that you will only tell the truth and would avoid telling lies in this interrogation? Think about your family and of course you as a young teenage girl. Many things can still happen in your life and it's not worth it for you to commit a crime in our state"!

"I told you that I don't have Ashley! How many times do I have to tell you this"!

"Ok, let's do it this way, I believe in you that you don't have her but I still want to continue our serious talk".

"Go ahead and ask me several questions so that I can get out of here"!

"Are you close with Ashley Reynolds"?

"No, Ashley and I are not that close and we are just classmates"!

"Do you hate her Ms. Valdez"?

"What a sick question"!

"Just answer me"!

"Yes I do hate her and I never liked Ashley"!

"Why do you hate her"?

"I hate her because she is so boastful! I hate her for thinking about the fact that everyone can never be like her"!

"Someone told me Ms. Valdez that Ashley Reynolds is your number one enemy"?

"Yes she was and we both compete a lot in school"!

"What do you compete for"?

"We compete for high grades and popularity too"!

"How did you feel when she was chosen to be the lead actress of Romeo and Juliet in the theater club of Hiltons University instead of you"?

"I can't believe it and it seemed unfair"!

"Why do you think it's unfair"?

"It's unfair because I'm better than her in acting and I had more experiences in the past"!

"I think you're just being insecure Ms. Valdez! Don't you know that insecurities can make a person crazy or insane"?!

"How dare you to judge me"!

"I also heard that you were in love with Trevor Mckinley, the boyfriend of Ashley Reynolds"?

"Yes I was"!

"So you also hated Ashley because Trevor chose her over you! Am I right"?

"I don't know where this conversation is going Detective but these questions don't have anything to do with Ashley's disappearance"!

"This has something to do with it Ms. Valdez! You hated Ashley because you know that you can never be better than her in anything! She was always the best in extra-curricular activities and you envied her every day in school! All the students admired her beauty especially the guys around her. She is so talented and you can't accept that someone in your batch can be with you on your league! Ashley also defeated you on the beauty pageant where you joined at entitled Miss Alluring 2046 and you lost your own temper where you started pulling her hair until you reach the lobby of the school! Both of you had been humiliated in front of the crowd. You are disappointed with yourself when she was chosen in the class as the president and there is nothing that you can do about it! If Ashley did not disappear, she might be the one taking over your place and you know it"!

"Are you telling me that I'm no match with Ashley"?!

"I'm not saying that but you have plenty of motives to kidnap her and worse, ask someone to kill her"!

"I don't want to be here anymore! I'm just wasting my time"!

"Scream all you want but I won't let you go not until we are done"!

"What do you want to know more"?!

"Did you ask anyone to murder Ashley?! Tell me the truth and don't deny it"!

"Yes I did ask someone to murder her"!

"Good! Thanks for being honest Ms. Valdez. Did that person killed Ashley? Do you know if she is still alive"?!

"I don't know if Ashley is still alive right now and I'm not sure if he really killed her"!

"Who is the guy that you had a talk with about murdering Ashley"?!

"His name is Gary Eros"!

"Are you talking about the cousin of Ashley"?

"Yes but he was adopted by the Eros family and they are not real cousins"!

"Is Gary also studying in Hiltons University"?

"Yes he also studies in Hiltons University but just a schoolmate of mine".

"When was the last time that you saw him"?

"We never saw each other for a couple of months now and I'm telling you Detective that even if I asked him to murder Ashley, I stopped him from doing it and changed my mind. The only reason why the murder thing occurred in my mind is because of envy and anger! We didn't really continue our plan"!

"What makes you think that the plan never happened? You might have changed your mind but what about Gary"?

"I don't know and after Ashley disappeared, I stopped talking to Gary. I never texted him or even to see him in person"!

"Why do you think he would murder Ashley"?

"He is obsessed with Ashley and will do anything just to have her"!

"I guess there is a slight possibility of him being our suspect"!

"I may be stubborn, might hate Ashley a lot but I'm not a killer and my conscience won't be able to handle any crime! Now that you know everything, will you let me go"?

"I don't have a warrant of arrest for you which make you lucky. I'll let you go Ms. Valdez and thank you for being so cooperative. If you make any contact with Gary Eros once again, please report it to us and don't hesitate".

"I will let you know where Gary is once I make a contact with him unexpectedly".

"Don't try to make a mistake Ms. Valdez in helping him if he really has Ashley or else, you will go to prison"!

"I won't and you can trust me".

"You may now leave and try to catch up with your friends doing some window shopping at the mall"!