Chapter 10: Past memories

Belle drove her car alone going back to the place where she grew up and it’s on Hampshire Street. She did what Marianne told her to and it’s to visit the places where she had bad memories from the past. When she got to Hampshire Street, she stayed in her car for a while and looked around the subdivision to see if there are changes made or if it still looks the same as before. Belle had realized that upon looking at their street, nothing had changed and everything is the same the way they used to be before 32 years ago. She remembered how her mother Miranda Harvey drives her going to school when she was still as young as 6 years old. She remembered how happy she was with her mother in going to school every day as a kid. It will forever just be a memory to her for she can never bring back the life of her mother now. Belle went out of her car and stared at the sky thinking about her mother. She thought of Miranda in heaven now who is so happy with God. Belle smiled as she continued to reminisce happy moments she had with her parents. They had been a happy and perfect family in her younger days and she will never forget every single moment they had spent together. Her parents gave her everything she wanted and needed in her life as a kid. Several flashbacks came back on her mind as she wandered alone on Hampshire Street.

“Mom, when I grow up, I want to be like you”.

“Are you sure that you want to be like me Belle”?

“Yes mom, I think being a teacher will be the best career for me in the future”.

“Being me is not that simple dear. You need to have a lot of patience to make kids like you listen to all of the discussions in the classroom”.

“I think I can handle your situation mom. Where would I inherit this personality I have right now? Of course, my personality came from you. I’m definitely sure mom that when I grow up like you, I’ll be a successful elementary teacher too”.

“I believe in you Belle. Always remember that nothing is impossible in this world if you will do your best in everything you do while enjoying it”.

“Mom, is it true that all of us will die someday”?

“Yes, all people die and living in this world is only temporary”.

“When will you die mom? Will you live longer”?

“I will still live longer Belle. I think I’m going to die after many years from now”.

“I don’t want you to die mom. I love you so much and I want us to be together forever. Please don’t leave me mom. I will be so sad if the day comes for you to leave me alone. Daddy needs you as much as I do”.

“I won’t leave you now Belle. I promise you that I’ll always be here for you. I love you too dear”.

“Can we go and buy ice cream later tonight”?

“Ok but you have to promise me something first”.

“What is it mom”?

“I’m only going to buy you ice cream if you’re going to do all of your assignments in school and you have to show them to me”.

“I promise mom and I won’t lie to you again of not having any assignment in school”.

“That’s my girl! You know that I love you so much right”?

“Yes mom, I know how much you love me”!

“I’m sorry if sometimes your dad and I don’t give you some things that you wish for. We only want what’s best for you and we can’t give you everything but it doesn’t mean that we love you any less”.

“I know that mom. I’m sorry for acting weird sometimes. I’m sorry if I get mad at you for not giving me several things that I asked from you. I realized all my mistakes now mom”.