Chapter 1

"Excuse me! Coming through," I said, getting through the crowd of people, surrounding the square, looking at the monitors above them. I wanted to stay and see all the stuff I've missed, but that was impossible when my phone was blowing up with messages, not just from my friends, but also strangers - apparently my new fans.

"Wait, are you Beth?!" A girl, slightly younger than me, called behind me when I accidentally bumped into her.

"I am so sorry," I blurted out, stopping for a second, letting out a small sigh. "I prefer Izzy, nice to meet you," I smiled warmly, causing the girl to blush. "And you are?" I asked, trying to make her feel more comfortable.

"I am..." she muttered, clearing her throat to sound more confident. "I am Lily," she shook my hand and I smiled again.

"Lily, you're absolutely beautiful,"

"W-What?" She stuttered, "You are! A-And so talented!" She basically yelled out and I chuckled. "Can I... take a picture with you?"

"Of course, love," I nodded, making her pull out her phone. I hugged her with one of my hands around her waist, holding my bag in the other hand and put my head closer to hers, smiling a little to the camera. When she let go of me I hugged her completely and got back to running to my meeting. I was already late.

"Beth!" My friend yelled out when she saw me enter the cafe. Thankfully, it looked like I wasn't the only one running late because she was the only one sitting there.

She was the only one who called me Beth. "Shorten for Elizabeth" as she always says. It wouldn't be weird if my name was actually Elizabeth. I don't think it's because she doesn't like my name, she admitted she loves it before, maybe she just likes having this one thing, that is only ours, with me.

"Am!" I smiled, rushing to her table, hugging her around her shoulders before putting down my stuff and sitting down. "This thing is chaos!" I explained and she just nodded.

"You don't need to tell me! I also get all those notifications!" Amy - Am by me - my best friend and for the past year also my manager. I trust her with my life. "I got so many calls, already asking for collaboration!"

"Oh god," I sighed, genuinely surprised. "I didn't expect it to go this fast. Who are we even meeting here? And why on earth are they later than me? I thought that was not possible."

"They aren't, I told you the wrong time on purpose, the meeting starts in 10 minutes." She laughed, "I couldn't risk you coming late on the first meeting, that would ruin your whole career."

"You're my life-saver, Am" I said and she smiled, agreeing with me fully.

"Now, let's get you a real manager," she added, looking towards the door, waiting for the male.

"I am glad to be working with you, Isabel," he smiled at me, shaking my hand. "And you miss Archer," he looked towards Amy, "I think we can take her far together."

"The pressure is on our side, Mr. Fahey."

"Please, call me Coby. No need to be as formal with me, we're going to be spending a lot of time together after all."

"Alright, Coby, it's Amy then," she introduced herself, shaking his hand, again.

"Isabel, your debut was already amazing, I have no words, your manager prepared it perfectly." he smiled, winking at Amy. Oh here it was.

My debut, or in other hand, the first time I sang my own song on the internet instead of just singing already-written and popular songs. And it all happened because Amy was there. She made it happen. I will be forever grateful to her for that.

"I think it would be the best for all of us if she continued to do your socials, while I take care of the calls, collaborations and more, sound good?" I looked at Amy, to see what's on her mind and she just nodded. Of course, she was happy to be able to move all the stuff she hated to another person.

"Yes, thank you," I answered, taking a sip of my coffee. "How...how do you actually see my near future, Coby?" I asked, still holding the coffee cup in my hands. I admit, I was scared to hear what a professional thinks, it was my career we were talking about after all.

"Very brightly, sunshine," he said with a warm smile. "If you'll be able to finish the new song you showed me moments before, it could do a lot for us. But don't pressure yourself much, as long as you upload some ideas, teasers, or covers of songs it'll be alright. Just make sure you're active." I nodded and his phone started ringing. "Excuse me ladies," he stood up, putting enough money on the table to pay for all three of us, "I'll keep in touch." and left.