epilogue. home

|epilogue| home

|epilogue| home

I'll paint the kitchen neon, I'll brighten up the sky
I know I'll never get it, there's not a day that I won't try
And I'll say to you

Ooh-ah,
soon you'll get better

*pager beep*

one message from S

"A pager? In the 21st century? You gotta be kidding me."

Jung Nara chuckled, she had heard almost everyone say the same thing whenever her pager would beep with a message.

Of course it probably was the most outdated and the last model of pagers to ever exist but if she would have to value it against the riches of the world, she'd sell everything to keep that outdated piece with her.

Because it was the pager her father had given her. To page him whenever she needed him.

"Imagine what there'd be a spike in the manufacture of pagers when the news that the 'gold medalist in rifle shooting' Jung Nara uses a pager."

Nara shook her head with a smile, she was used to the teasing and the banters when her team would make fun of her for using a pager. She checked the little thing, and the very moment she did, she got up, ready to leave.

"Sorry for cutting this meet short." Nara bowed, greeting her team and taking her bag over her shoulder. "See you on Monday."

They waved at their youngest team member and Nara moved out of the station with a smile. She had applied for being an army officer after being gold medalist for the country consequetively for two years in rifle shooting and wanted to enlist to the army, to be a commander just like her mother. SOU had asked her to consider joining them since Yoon Saebom was just as evident as she was seven years back but Nara wanted to lead the army, and was training for the same.

Being a gold medalist had gotten her the fame she often found too overwhelming at start, but she got used to the polite smiles from strangers and cute pouts from kids who wanted pictures with her. Nara waved at the little girl who waved at her, smiling at her and halted a cab, asking them to head to ferry over to the sea side of the city.

"Are you Jung Nara? My daughter adores you so much." The cab driver looked at the kind girl, "if you don't mind, can I get your autograph."

Nara nodded, agreeing to sign as they zoomed past in a beautiful weather and a even nicer sky. She looked up, there were no spheres, not a single one, not even a tiny trace of theirs remained.

It was almost like it was a dream, a very vivid, very detailed dream.

Of course, it was not, and the war seven years back was still a hurting wound to many.