fourteen. thread

| fourteen| thread

| fourteen| thread

and if you fight, I'll fight
it doesn't matter, now it's all gone
I've got my mind
on you

"You sure about this, unnie?"

"Yes, stitch it up."

The aftermath of Saebom being stabbed by the sphere was chaotic. The woman stranded with them had taken matters in her hand when Saebom was lying unconcious, she asked the kids to gather up water, clean cloth and if possible, a needle and a thread from somewhere.

She also asked the other girl to take care of the hysterically crying Nara and while Ae-sol did that, Woo-Taek helped the woman take care of Saebom. It was messy, the blood kept oozing out of her side, and Woo-Taek was asked to apply some pressure to it. The poor boy was stunned at the blood on his hands but he nevertheless complied.

"Did you guys find any needle?" The woman asked, cleaning the wound with water and a cloth, "anything?"

They did not find any needle or thread, and time could hardly be sparred with the loss of blood. Saebom needed medical immediately and the lady remembered that she was a commander and they often carried first aid kit. But there was no needle in the kit either.

"Shibal," The lady cursed, rummaging through the stuff while Saebom lay leaning on the wall. "Ottuke?"

"Sta..." Saebom had managed to speak, she was sweating and losing her vision, but she had to hold on as much as she could. The kids looked at her, Nara leaned closer, hands around Saebom's neck.

"Stapler..." Saebom whispered, garnering horrifying looks from the lot.

Stapler would hurt so much but then, anything was easier than the pain she was in right now.

"But unnie..."

"Get it now."

Saebom could still be so intimidating even when she was so vulnerable. Woo-taek had come across a stapler in the adjacent drawer which he handed to the lady, she and Nara sat besides the bleeding woman.

"Staple it atleast... ten... times, and make sure... to... to... press the skin against the other..." Saebom clammed her fists shut, determined to go through with this. Nara was crying the entire time, she held her mother's hands like a little kid uneasy and scared.

The lady took a deep breath, cleaning the wound once again before she got her hands closer whilst Saebom took Nara's hands in hers.

"Its okay peanut, its okay." She whispered, as Nara shut her eyes, holding her mother closer while the woman clicked the stapler quickly, stapling the skin that was torn and the kids looked at Saebom with pure adornment.

That woman was made of steel.

There was knocking on the door, a patterned knocking which was a sign that the gas station squad had returned. Ae-sol opened the door to see the happy clan but her teary face and the tense environment made the father-son duo to rush inside.