Chapt. 8

I see some people have began to read this, which is nice. I'd like feedback or even some comments or a vote if you could. If not, please enjoy reading. I'm also trying to make longer chapters, that's what I prefer when reading at least. —Hawk
————-

The winter sun was focused through the cracks of beige blinds. It cascaded a cool, white light which ricocheted against the silver frames of the bed. A mean glare of light had made a home within the small, shared space.

The only sound, par from that of birds outside, was a low groan which escaped from Waylon's throat. He noted that when he felt his worst, the world decided to be its brightest and warmest. The headache he had was peaking upon his wake, he was so painfully glad it were a Sunday. The bed creaked as he moved to pull the blanket above his head.

The events of the previous night flashed in Waylon's head and heat rose to his cheeks. For a multitude of reasons. He felt embarrassed about what took place in the bathroom, and how he had nearly vomited all over Harlow. Being basically hosed down like a dog didn't help either. More and more memories came rushing back, he only stirred when hearing the door open and the clatter of something. Peaking from under the covers he noticed a plate had been placed on his nightstand. His stomach growled.

Harlow stood practically towering over him, his eyes shielded by the shadow of his brow. His tattoo was peaking out under his grey tank. With a pain in his head Waylon sat up, grabbing the plate and eating. His eyes downcast to avoid the judgmental gaze of his roommate.

Waylon swallowed, "Thanks, for the food."

Harlow rubbed his head as he sighed, "A lot more to thank me for than that."

The other kept his eyes on the plate, feeling humiliated at the prospect of talking about it, "Thank you, for that as well."

He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up, nearly choking on his food as he did so. Harlow's eyes bore into him, his gaze was unfeeling as he looked right through the boy. It was like he was pinned again, he felt the urge to pull back from the hand on him. Harlow leaned down into the boys eyes, "Don't think it was for nothing, see you after lunch."

He went to walk out as Waylon dropped his head, staring at his hands. He couldn't tell what caused the goose bumps on his skin; the cool morning breeze or the over six foot monster in front of him. Once the door was closed, Waylon felt his chest decompress with a deep sigh. Things were calm, if only for a moment.

By midday Markus had dragged Waylon to his room for a game of cards. Jay and Sasha were there to join, he noted the differences in this room. Both sides were equally decorated, if not an eyesore. Posters, drawings and decor hung up haphazardly. There was even a shared whiteboard between the two which had...interesting sketches. Waylon sat himself across from Sasha on the floor, Jay laying behind him on the bed.

Markus sat down next to Waylon, "What happened yesterday, Sasha saw you being dragged through the halls by Harlow."

Bile sat at the back of Waylon's throat, he hastily swallowed it down, "Uhm, ahh I got nearly jumped in the bathroom. Harlow sorted it tho."

Jay sat up at that, cocking a brow, "Why didn't you call me?"

"Couldn't," he explained, chewing on his tongue bar, "they had already grabbed me, and made me smoke a joint."