Chapt 6.

Waylons head hung heavy as he finally made way for the office. Mr. Secretary put his slip through and told him the classrooms for his electives. The man was oblivious as always, cheery composure. Seemingly unaware of the misery plastered on the students face.

Art, he had art next. He hoped in this type of school the class would be small and quiet, that maybe he'd be able to zone out for an hour. Most students were in class already as Waylon walked the halls, few faculty were passing through to see the post lunch commotion.

The art room was at the back of the school, a notably small department in the corner. He peered in the door window and couldn't make out any particular figures, pushing the door open. The room was brick walled, paintings and drawings and sculptures were all displayed upon them. A large centre desk was placed the room and around the remaining space were easels. The front had a whiteboard but no teacher desk, where an older women stood. She had a long colourful high waist skirt, a black long sleeve jumper and her curly hair was pulled back into a bun.

Her eyes lit up when seeing him, "Ah, it's nice for you to join us!" She gestured to the room with her ruler, "Waylon, I've been told?" He nodded and followed her motion with his eyes. Low and behold his gaze landed on a figure he had previously not noticed, he was hidden from his sight from a large isle. Peaking from behind the structure was a buzzed, blonde head.

You've got to be joking. Waylon groaned seeing Harlow glare at him before returning to his task, the teacher took notice of the tension but ignored it.

"Grab whichever easel you'd like! We're doing some simple still life's today." Waylon looked at the objects strewn about the middle desk, the teacher was sat at the front adjusting the light to aluminate their forms. There were a variety of cans and branches, an empty wine bottle with different glasses. The still life was set up like a sort of picnic, and Waylon was staring at it unsure where to start. The teacher joined him to give some advice and a starting point. Eventually, he managed and continued the class with his headphones in, ignoring the enemy presence among him.

Waylon managed to listen to an album before the lights were turned all the way on again, "Alright boys, we'll continue tomorrow. Be on time next class," she threw an eyebrow at Waylon who nodded apologetically, "I'm giving you an assignment brief and we'll need your input and ideas." With that she waved them off and hummed while grabbing their work.

Harlow walked out behind Waylon and the boy felt tense. It seemed some stroke of terrible luck meant they were walking in the same direction. It was silent and quite at this end of the school, no one was around.

"Hey." He heard that raspy voice echo in the hall, the two continued walking as Waylon lowered his head in response, "You're going to pay me back for those cigarettes."

"I don't have any money." He gritted through clenched teeth, biting back an insult.

"We'll figure something out." The words made Waylon shiver, a cold chill running the base of his neck to the balls on his heels. Harlow sped up, patting his back and diverging from their path. He disappeared around a corner and suddenly the other was alone.

Normally he'd be relived at this, but he was still shaken up from his last encounter with the devil and quickened his pace to get to his next class. The class went by fine, he noticed Sasha and Jay were in it. The latter waved him over to sit near them, it was literature. They were given a book assignment and chapters to analyse, the book was remarkably boring from the get go. Detailing something about two blue collar men from the past, one of them being notably slow. Sasha seemed incredibly engaged, ignoring Jay who would beg him to explain the different metaphors and similes.