Chapt. 7

Waylon was woken up the next couple of days by the same routine of the previous. Harlow sat at his window smoking while talking to someone. He spoke loudly and with a smile, one that seemed almost genuine in its demeanour. By Friday he awoke to the room blue with moonlight, and when Waylon checked his phone he saw it was earlier than the nights before. It was three AM now and he groaned, pulling the pillow over his face and trying to block out the sound of chatter. He listened away and realised he couldn't understand him the nights before, because Harlow wasn't speaking English.

Once the call was done, Harlow was gone. He left the room almost two hours before breakfast would be served. Waylon managed to get some more rest before the day started.

Waylon managed to get his shower in and leave before he saw Harlow again, he would be lying if he said he wasn't trying to avoid him to some extent. Sasha's words played in his mind over and over again. He knew Harlow wouldn't ask him for that, because if he did he would've done so by now. Still it meant Harlow had others plans, something he had no issue with waiting for. It made him play with the piercing in his mouth more often, battering his teeth against it.

The morning and following classes went by surprisingly without a hitch. Waylon did notice some students were staring at him harder that day, for what reason he didn't know. He kept to himself, not wanting to draw more attention than necessary. When he could he walked with his friends, he noticed Jay had a knack for staring down those who tossed nasty looks at the groups way.

"Did I do something?" Waylon asked Jay while they were eating lunch, Markus was held back for throwing something at another student and Sasha was hiding away somewhere.

Jay hummed in question, his mouth full of a turkey sandwich. From the way he ate, you'd assume the boy was starved his whole life.

Waylon looked around before leaning into a whisper, "Like, people keep staring at me?"

Jay's face dropped, his eyes widened making Waylon focus in. He leaned in to match the other gaze, "Maybe they're in love with you?"

"Shut up." Waylon groaned, drawing out the 'up'.

"Don't be so self deprecating, you're so irresistible." Jay kept with the bit, pointing at Waylon's 'admirers'.

Waylon took a bit of his own food, leaning back in his seat, "Ha. Ha." He forced, still not fully fighting the eerie feeling of eyes against himself. Jay seemed to take in that his jokes had done little to reassure his buddy.

"Seriously dude, I don't know. Maybe Kian has been chatting mad about you?" Jay suggested, which made sense to the other. The only notable thing that had happened was that event. Even if that was a reasonable answer it did little to calm his nerves. On one hand, that gave reason to the looks which narrowed down a lot of the possibilities, on the other it brought forth the issue of what Kian could be saying? Was he telling people Waylon was starting issues, maybe spreading rumours he was weird?

Was he telling people Waylon came onto him? That was definitely the worst possibility and he feared how an all boys environment like this would react to that accusation. That not only was the scrawny weird kid attracted to other men, but that he was harassing people. He could picture the beating already, and it far surpassed any injury on Kian's mug.

Suddenly he felt a light kick and snapped out of thought, "Man relax," Jay said, "If anyone messes with you let me know, I'll sort you out."