❙ 016. Purrfect Encounter

Disclaimer: I do not own My Hero Academia or anything related to it, such as characters, plots, etc. I do not own any images used in this story. I only own original characters that are introduced, and the plot of this fanfiction. I apologize for the grammar issues. English is not my first language.

***

Getting called to the teacher's office on your first day isn't something great. Especially if it comes from Aizawa.

Your mind is still occupied with that kind of thoughts even when you finished the rest of the tests. Seriously, how did you even manage to do that? Bakugo used his Quirk first and was the only one who did that in canon, but he didn't get called or something like that. Why did you get called now? Was this even supposed to happen?

Standing with the others in front of Aizawa, you focus your gaze on the ground instead, your fingers holding your chin in an attempt to look like you're in deep thought. I finished the rest of the tests pretty well since I can increase my average speed while still wasting the same amount of stamina used for it.

You don't really aim for the first place anyway. You just want to pass Aizawa's test and not get expelled, preferably.

"Time to present the results." Aizawa starts off, you let go of your hold from your chin and lift your head, staring at him. "The total is simply the aggregate sum of each of your scores. If I recited all your scores, it would take a million years, so I'll disclose them all at once."

Okay, so far, it's still pretty normal.

Taking out the remote device, Aizawa adds one more thing, oh so casually people would think it's nothing important.

"Oh yeah, the whole expulsion thing was a lie."

Despite the previous atmosphere has been anything but loud. You can everything suddenly and actually goes quiet from Aizawa's admission. And in the midst of it all, Aizawa continues his words as he smiles widely.

"It was a logical ruse to pull out your best performance."

"WHAAAAATTT?!"

You let out a small yawn.

Yaoyorozu who stands beside you only has her hand on her hip as she looks over the trio of Iida, Uraraka, and Midoriya who seem to scream louder. "C'mon guys, use your brains! Of course, it was just a ruse!"

Shoto, who stands on your other side, only turns his head away. I thought he was being honest there.

"And, right. Yep. With that, it's over." Acting like he didn't do anything that shook them to the core, Aizawa turns his back against them, putting his hands into his pockets. "Your curriculum sheets are back in the classroom so give them a once-over. And Midoriya," he turns his head back, handing out a paper to the said boy. "Go to Recovery Girl and get yourself patched up. Since your eyeballs will doubtlessly drop from their sockets at tomorrow's absurd ordeal."

His words don't stop there, even in the canon, it was supposed to be that. Aizawa shifts the direction of his face slightly to you, Yaoyorozu, and Shoto who stand close to each other. "You three and Bakugo will still be following me to the teacher's office. No buts."

You just nod, ignoring the small whispers behind the three of you. It seems like Bakugo has quieted down a lot too, maybe he feels humbled faster than he should have.

I don't know if it means anything good, though. You think to yourself. Sometimes a quiet Bakugo is a good Bakugo, but this early sounds more like a ticking time bomb no matter how you try to look at it. It's not like you actually have the leftover energy to look back and stare at him and get possibly get glared at.