❙ 001. Fruitful Efforts

Disclaimer: I do not own My Hero Academia or anything related to it, such as characters, plots, etc. I do not own any images used in this story. I only own original characters that are introduced, and the plot of this fanfiction. I apologize for the grammar issues. English is not my first language.

***

"All right, everyone! Now that our final classmate is here, let's all gather around!" The woman whose name you still don't know lets go of her hold with your hand as she raises both of her hands, clapping a few times to get the children all over the room's attention. She looks down on you, not giving you the time to observe the other children in the room. "[Name]-chan, you can join the others first, okay?"

You simply nod at her demand. "Okay," and then walks to the crowd forming from the children, easily squeezes through with your lack of presence, choosing to stand in the middle of the crowd, not too far so you can hear what she's saying, but not too close that it'll catch her attention.

It's not like you can catch anyone's attention, though.

"Now, I'll be taking care of you! I'm Miyazaki Kamiki, but you children can call me Miki-sensei!" The woman pumps her fists, a picture-perfect smile plastered on her face, showing that either she's clearly a professional in her field or just enjoys taking care of kids, you place your bets on the first one. "There will be other adults with you guys too so no need to worry!"

You are more curious about who are the children around you, though, maybe, just maybe, God blesses you with terrible luck that you are in the same kindergarten with a canon character. I don't think I recognize anyone... Ugh. You can feel your eye twitch when a familiar half-white and half-red hair comes into your view, standing in the back, the scar that has become his trademark nowhere to be found.

You have scored yourself a (definitely not) jackpot by being in the same kindergarten as Todoroki Shoto, out of all people.

***

God should just end my soul right there and doesn't give me the chance to be reborn. You are currently sitting amidst the crowd of children, waiting your turn to be called to introduce yourself one by one, something that you don't appreciate because there's a big chance that people won't notice you standing in front of them until you let out your voice.

You prefer to be in the same kindergarten as the peaceful characters such as Tsuyu, Uraraka, Momo, Ojiro, and others...! Of course, it's better to have Todoroki as your childhood acquaintance rather than the other two main characters, but it's still unlucky on your side.

Endeavor didn't let anyone get close to Todoroki, even his own siblings when his Quirk manifested. Even though he hasn't manifested his Quirk right now, there is no doubt Endeavor won't appreciate me getting close to him. You already dislike your childhood fate. If destiny was gonna put you at the same age as the main characters, why don't they give you easier people to deal with?! Besides, since your appearance is already out of this world itself, you might as well destroy the plot.

I'll think of it as my own fanfiction. You nod at your objective, but you should really think about it more clearly later. Whether should you get closer to this child Todoroki or not can be thought of later, there's still plenty of time until his Quirk fully manifested and Endeavor's attitude got worse. You'll just hope you can think of your life plan before all of that happen.

"Okay... Next is, [Name]-chan! Are you there?"

You stand up from your position: though, none of the children seems to notice it since they're busy talking among each other. You walk to the front of the class, standing beside Kamiki who's still busy calling out your name while looking at the children in front of her.