❙ 003. The Power of Sir Truck

Disclaimer: I do not own My Hero Academia or anything related to it, such as characters, plots, etc. I do not own any images used in this story. I only own original characters that are introduced, and the plot of this fanfiction. I apologize for the grammar issues. English is not my first language.

***

When almost a year has passed, Shoto's and your birthday too in the process at the calender already flips to March, you found your Quirk hasn't manifested at all (Shoto has already manifested his somewhere during winter break). You expected that your Quirk will manifest when you turn four years old, but it turns out that the actual fact is that a person's Quirk will manifest anytime before the age of four. If anything, all you feel after turning four is drowsiness most of the time (it's like you were about to be cursed to be the sleeping beauty or something).

Then you remember that Tomura is a late-bloomer when his Quirk first manifested, well, you don't exactly remember when: but he definitely manifested his Quirk after the age of four, so you're probably still in the safe zone.

Why hasn't Endeavor gone off and told you to stay away from Shoto, though? Why hasn't Shoto distanced himself away from you, too? Did you miscalculate the age when the harsh training happens? Right now, you are tapping your pencil on the table, thinking just when was the correct time.

Should you make a note of what you remember about My Hero Academia? You shake your head. That won't do. There are chances that your parents may find out your notes, and you'll end up getting questioned for who knows how long. No matter how kind your parents are to you, you doubt the moment you raise up any suspicious behavior, they will still put their trust in you. They are still members of the Hero Commission, after all, you don't know how far your parents will go for the sake of society.

Especially when Lady Nagant is still out there, playing her role as an amazing Pro Hero while doing cruel jobs behind the scene.

"[Name]? Have you done your assignment?" Shoto's voice breaks you of your trance, making you look down at the book, seeing that you haven't written anything.

"I'm working on it." With that, you finally start doing the assignment, you're lucky you're blessed with your past knowledge.

God, you hate re-learning everything again.

***

It is when your parents get the idea of the three of you going out (kudos to Lady Nagant for the idea) when your school days are over after finally getting tired from isolating themselves all these years, well at least you got your deserved two weeks break for the year.

"If you want to throw up, immediately tell us okay?" Your mother informs you as she tightens your seatbelt around you. You just nod your head in response, sleepiness already getting over you.

"No need to worry 'bout it," your father reassures her. "I've been driving her for and from the kindergarten, and [Name] has never once thrown up, don't know why, maybe she gets used to it quickly."

"I see. That's good then." Your mother pulls back her body from you, closing the car's door on the back before going to her place in the passenger seat, closing her door with a click!

Did I get enough sleep last night? You yawn as you feel your eyelids grow heavy despite the car just starting to move. You are sure you have enough sleep yesterday, and even got a small nap, so why were you so sleepy these days?

You haven't been doing anything much these days, aside from a few poor attempts to see if you already got your Quirk, it's a shame that your efforts have been futile. If you ended up Quirkless, you wouldn't know what to do, after all (maybe you'll accept your fate and continues to live on as canon fodder, but the bright side is that you get to have younger siblings, maybe). Maybe you were wasting too much time focusing on whether you have achieved your Quirk or not that you're getting bored and tired from it.