❙ 005. Ingenuous Camaraderie

Disclaimer: I do not own My Hero Academia or anything related to it, such as characters, plots, etc. I do not own any images used in this story. I only own original characters that are introduced, and the plot of this fanfiction. I apologize for the grammar issues. English is not my first language.

***

"An agency...?" You found yourself getting confused by the news made by your parents. It's not like they're expecting you to be happy at the news: considering they don't look all that cheery by themselves when delivering themselves.

It has been a few days ever since you never seen Shoto in your class. Now that it is Sunday, it has marked exactly one week since Shoto has been absent from school. Even though you may never admit it to yourself: it feels a little odd to not have him constantly present around you at school.

But it's okay, you think you'll get used to it quickly, so you choose to think of it as some sort of training.

Your mother nods, sighing out loud once again, leaning her head on her arm. "Yes... Your father and I quit our previous agency, you could say... Now that we've established our new agency, paperwork is tiring to deal with," she doesn't even realize that she was ranting until your father taps her shoulder, making her lift her head and stare at you. "Either way, that means me and your father are gonna be a lil busy, little [Name]."

Being a Hero sounds tough. You nod, getting a hold of a cookie on the plate from the dining table before taking a bite. "Does that mean father and mother aren't going to be home?"

Your father shakes your head, immediately shooting down your assumption. "No, no, of course not. We are going to come home. It's just..." His face contorts into an indescribable expression. "You're probably sleeping when we come home. So the butler will take you to school, and if you ever need help with schoolwork, you can ask other maids."

"Okay." Like the obedient child you are, you nod at what your father has told you, it's not like the world will end if your parents leave you for a few days, after all. You don't need help with schoolwork, you won't throw a tantrum if your parents don't pat your head for a few days. So you'll probably gonna be okay.

Somehow, the stories of ghosts sound much scarier now.

***

You aren't shocked when you come to your class the next day and see Shoto, a bandage over his left eye, surrounded by many classmates of yours, each bombarding him with questions. You even see one of them is currently sitting on your seat, which makes the whole thing much more unpleasant for you, considering that you have little to no presence and probably need to scare your classmates to get your seat back.

It's tiring. You sigh as you walk in the direction when your classmates are surrounding Shoto, trying your best to be seen (mentally trying to emit your nonexistent Heroes' kid aura) as you keep on walking.

When you reach the crowd, you slowly slip in before standing beside that one kid who's currently, your body facing him. Considering this is a kid that you're facing, you suppose it'll be harder to get them focus to on you, so, you reach out your hand and places it on his shoulder.

"Excuse me. That's my seat."

"W-What?!"

Bruk!

You don't know if his Quirk has something to do with speed, but he's certainly fast when he turns his body to face you, only to fall off of the seat to his butt when he barely lifts his head to take a look and you, his upper back slightly leaning on Shoto's seat (it's a bit weird that the half-and-half boy doesn't seem to react much to a person falling beside him).