Epilogue

A few years later.

There's no brighter moment in his life than where he's now, on a huge stage, under the spotlight, in the middle of fame and money. Loud claping and cheering flood his ears as he searching for a face in the dim light. He can feel his heart pounding in his chest from his shorten breath and Phil's worried eyes from his right hand.

He pauses too long.

He signs and gives up searching then begin the new song.

He always searches the face in the crowd when he comes to Brazil, just to hopefully found the one and only love of his life. All these years, she completely deleted herself from his life. He doesn't know where she hides. He hasn't seen her since that darkest night.

"She's in the front roll" Phil whispers.

Bruno scans the faces in the front roll and sees her standing there, as sweet as usual. She flashes a smile to him. He smiles back right before the song ends and the light out.

"This song y'all" he says in the complete darkness with shorten breath. "is cruelly speaking about my fucking life."

There, if you look close enough, you'll see the band looking at each other in confused. This is not in the script.

"There're so many stories behind it. This song's called if I knew"

Phil sigh with relief, at least this song is in the script.

"For all the love we don't deserve" He says before he begins to sing.

His eyes aren't fixed on the girl in the front roll, the light doesn't shine on her, no one is looking in her direction. Everything is as normal as possible with Bruno Mars singing on stage and she is just a fan in the front roll.

This is how things should be.

This is what they deserved.

Not the love once touched

Not the lust once shared

No.

Not even the bitterly sweetness in his glance he just gives her for one eternal second before he puts his smile on and turn away. She heard something in his voice that makes her want to run away...

But as always... she just can't.

After the curtain's closed, Bruno's sitting by himself at the back stage, thinking about how he's long to see her face again. He always wondered if it'd be hurt or it'd be happy. He decides to take a peek at the empty hall again, just to recall his memory of her standing there.

The crowd is already out, left the hall with garbage here and there. And he sees her there, right where she stood during the show. They stare at each other for a while be for she gives him a smile that lights up the whole concert hall.

He jumps off the stage and runs to hugs her tight in his arm. Marianne giggles and pulls herself off after a while.

"I miss you too" she says with laughter "I thought you're not gonna come out"

They end up having coffee at a near by 24 hrs restaurant. He spends most of the time starring at her, like if he takes his eyes off her she'll fade away.

She's in her sundress and his hat, looking like the same Marianne he remembered, like the one he loved and loves. Even his nacklace and ring are still hung around her neck. But something is different in her, something in her eyes, something in her walk. He puts a light smile on for himself. His little has grown up.