36. To Be Continued

Finally, Marianne tosses him onto his bed in his apartment. She calls Phil with Bruno Mars' singing voice in the background

"Everything's ok?" Phi asks when he picks up

"Yeah, except for my ears, he hasn't stop singing!"

"Yeah, that's him" He says and giggles                   

"I took him to his apartment." She tells "he insisted not to go to the hotel. Is that okay?"

"no problem" he answers, then there's some kind of breaking noise in his background "He has interview tomorrow morning, at 9. Can you make sure he can make it?"

"don't worry, I'll take care of him" she assures as Eric's voice speaking something in the background.

"thank you. I gotta go" Phil says and hurrily hangs up. She lets the silent fill in the room for as she takes a deep breath before she'd go deal with drunken Bruno. Wait... silent...

Marianne immediately turns to Bruno as he stops singing. He's standing in a corner of the room, placed his head against the wall, she guesses she knows what he's doing.

She jumps to him and pulls him off the wall as he tries to unzip himself, fortunately, his attemp is not yet succeed.

"You can't pee here" Marianne tells Bruno as she drags him to the bathroom. As she's waiting outside, he can walk himself to the bed after he's done with his business.

"Finally" Marianne murmurs with herself as she watches him lying on his bed. His eyes're closing, but his hands keep scratching here and there all the time.

Marianne takes a bowl of water and a towel, meant to clean his body with. She begins to takes off his button-down shirt and when she unbuttons it she see his accessories hang around his neck.

"No wonder why you can't sleep" she murmurs as she taking off his accessories. When she's taking of his watch his voice interrupts

"Are you robbing me?" she puts his watch with the other accessories

"I'm trying to clean you since you're too drunk to do so" she says as she's taking off his shirt

"I'mma get drunk more often if I knew that as soon as I'm unaware you'd hurrily take off my clothes" he says with his eyes still closing

"Shut up" she hisses "or get up and clean your self"

"1st choice" he answers

Marianne sighs and begins to draw the soaked towel up and down his chest; somehow, her heart beats faster than usual.

"You should get up and take a shower" she suggests when she notices the smile on his face "So you'll have a good night sleep"

"I'm too drunk for everything, even a good night sleep" he says lazily as Marianne draws the cloth through his arm.

No one says anything as Marianne re-soaks the towel and twists the water out of it. The only sound in the room is the dipping water and their breath.

Marianne gently draws the towel on his neck as he makes a soft moan in his throat. Bruno pins her hand against his neck and turns to kiss it.

"You have an interview in the morning" she warns in as low as a whisper voice, trying to ignore her heart that's pounding in her chest.

"I don't care" he whispers back as he pulls her hand closer.

"You better do"

"no..." he denies as he grabs her waist and pulls her even closer. "I want you"

"No. we'll discuss about it when you're sober" she whispers and wipes his face. "Now you'll sleep"

Marianne gets off him and takes the bowl and the tower back into its place. When she comes back off the bedroom, Bruno looks safe and sound on his bed with his chest slightly moving up and down steady.

She kisses his forehead before leaving.

The next morning, Marianne comes to his room with a little bit dizzy feeling. She grabs some fruits and energy drink from the glossery for his hang over. She enters the room with a warm feeling, this is her normal life. She walks straight to the bedroom because she's not planing to cook anything this early.

There he is, sleeping on his bed. He usually gets up on his own when he smells food so today she has to wakes him up.

"Peter" she says as shaking his arm slightly

"Mari?" he murmurs                                                      

"Yes, it's me" she says as she helps him sitting up.

"I'm having a headache" he tells her. He wraps a hand around his head and frowns.

"yes, you are" she agrees and hands him a bottle of energy drink "It'd make you feel better"

"Can I have another hour?" he bargains as he drinks the beverage

"No, babe" she refuses, then he got a smile on his face "I said no" she repeats

"Yeah, and you also call me babe, baby" he says as he grabs her waist and pulls her on his lap.

"It wasn't intentionally" she whispers. Bruno tightens his arms and kisses the back of her neck.

"You smell nice" he comments and he unbutton her white button-down shirt and loosen it down her shoulder. The fabric hangs loosely at her arms. His fingers playing with her bra stripe while his lips press on her pale bare shoulder.

"I smell good because I've already taken a shower" Marianne says with shaking voice and drags herself out of his arm, jumping out of the bed and turning back to face him "You better do the same"

Bruno smirks as he looks at her standing there with her loosen shirt and her bare shoulder. He gets off the bed and walks toward her. He rearranges her shirt back to its former position and secures the button back "How much time do I have?"

"An hour" she whispers her answer as he taking care of her clothes. His eyes're looking down at the botton but his mind is fixing on her heavy breath.

He moves his hand from her button to her face and presses his forehead against hers. He gently presses his lips on hers and when he pulls off he whispers "to be continued"

When Bruno gets off the shower, he founds his coffee and bread with some strawberry on the kitchen counter with a note from Marianne

'eat and go to the interview. I have work to do cuz' I wanna be a billionaire so fucking bad'