4. The little girl

After almost 2 weeks of staying in New York and nothing helpful comes to his mind, he decides to leave the city. That little girl is mysterious but not enough to give him anything to work with, at least not without knowing her story at all. and he sees no chance of knowing her anyway.

He gets back to his room from the time square, packing his things up a little bit. He's leaving tomorrow night. He likes traveling at night. When outside of the vehicle, the whole world, is just a burly dark image. He likes walking along the sleeping streets.

He has just picked out his phone and sees several missed calls from his girlfriend when his phone starts screaming the ringtone

"shit!" he curse. Sometimes he just wants so bad to do what's said in the song. He doesn't feel like pickin' up his phone but he's also sure that she's gonna kill him if he just makes her leave the message at the tone. He has to answer it but he has to find his excuse. Why he didn't pick it up sooner.

"Hey, sweeti..." he doesn't reach his end. She interrupts when she hears his voice.

"Oh my god! Bruno! Where. On. Earth. Are. You! You could have been killed! You could have been caught by police! You could have been hit by a random car and lying unconsciously in some hospital! Or woke up and losing all your memories!"

"calm down please" he lowers his voice then he wanna wrap this hands around his neck when she shouted back

"NO! NO! NO! Bruno Peter Genes Hernandez Mars! I will not calm the fuck down!" at this point, he gives up and let her speak, hoping that he would be extenuated from listening for a night to an hour. He meant, look at that! She gotta be mental to call him by that name. "I came back from my trip, Bruno, 3 day ago! I found my boyfriend wasn't home! I hope you would be at the studio and you would be back in the evening but you weren't then I thought maybe you got drunk so I called you if you need a lift but you didn't answer it for 3 days! 3 days, Bruno! I even called the sisters but they also had no idea. Bruno, we can't live like this. Just imagine how worried I would be. I couldn't tell you I'd have a trip for 10 day and came back to see you're gone. No messages left, no phone calls, no one knows. Sweetheart, please, tell me. What's wrong? Where are you?"

And then he explains, that doesn't take so long but he's been on phone for hours, most of time, tries to convince her that he didn't and doesn't and won't mean to dump her by this action. He never understands why women are so hard to understand. Jessica is so perfect in her way. Her body sets every living man on fire; may be it also sets dead man on fire to if she mean to do so. Why she has to worry that he would look for another girl. That mysterious girl too, is too complicated to understand.

In the morning, he decides to spends sometime at little ma'am for the last time. When he walks in to order, he sees a man instead of the waitress at the cashier. The man that seems to be the baker since the old lady looks too old to bake and the waitress is too young.

"Good morning! What would you like to have today?" he greets in lovely manner. Bruno didn't expect such a soft manner from this though guy. He's like 7 ft. tall, though muscles and dark skin.

"An iced cappuccino and a piece of chocolate cake and one of strawberry cake and uh... do you have jar of cookies or something?"

"yes..." he answer thinking what singers do, why this dude is so hungry.

"I'll have 3 of that"

"Okay, sir... uh... I'll have the waitress buy the coffee. You mind waiting?"