20. Jessica

In the morning, Bruno finds himself lying alone on his bed. He brought a girl last night but maybe she's already gone. Anyway he doesn't care at all. What he cares now is food smell and it smells delicious.

He walks out of his room and finds Marianne cooking something. "What are you cooking?" he asks at his bed room's door.

"steak" she answers shortly without looking at him "is it too much for breakfast?"

"nah" he answers, nothing is too much for him if it's on food. He walks to the counter and finds some fries there. Marianne seems to be able to sense his action when he reaches out for it, she turn to him.

"go watch your hand first!" she commands and suddenly turns back to the steak "I changed my mind; go put on some clothes first!"

Bruno notices himself wearing only a pair of boxer shorts. He considered it's different from naked "I'm not naked" he talks back

"then go watch your hands" Marianne orders and serves him his steak.

"no" he denies and cuts the steak to his mouth.

Marianne sighs "I feel like to give you a lecture about bad bacteria on your unwashed hands but never mind, I don't have that much time."

Bruno turns from the steak to her; she braids her hair down. "college?"

"Aha" she takes off the apron, nodding.               

"Okay, see you" he says as she walking out the door "I'll be at the little ma'am"

"after classes I'll have to work on my project, I shall not be back home tonight" she answers and leaves Bruno with a cup of warmed hot latte. He thinks she starts to buy him hot latte after he kept complaining about melted ice in ice coffee.

After breakfast he goes to the little ma'am as usual. The evening is long and boring without Marianne. He buys some bread from the little ma'am and wandering around the city for a while and finally ends up at the club.

And that's how several days later go on; Bruno wakes up with his empty bed to Marianne's breakfast and warmed coffee. Sometimes she's still there and sometimes she's not. He goes to the little ma'am then goes to the club and ends up bringing a chick or two. Those girls are gone before he wakes up to have breakfast and goes on another day again.

He's getting bored of everything that this evening he just orders pizza and drinking alone in his apartment when there's a knock on his door.

It's Marianne. She gets inside herself, walking to him like a zombie.

"Ohhhh mine! I'm exhausted!" she says and grabs a slice of his pizza as she sitting down on the couch. He looks at the dark circle around her eyes and laughs. "what!?" she asks

"you look exhausted"

"I don't look exhausted! I'm exhausted!" she sighs and takes another bite.

"Beer?" he offers. Marianne looks at the bottle, hesitated. "c'mon tomorrow is Saturday, isn't it?"

"Nah, I don't drink" she denies. "so how you're going?"

"boring" he answers shortly.

"How many song you've got now?"

"song?" he repeats, thinking about how long he hasn't thinking about it. "nothing, lately"

"no song at all?" she asks "I thought you're here for new songs"

He doesn't answer immediately. He thought he came here to write song but did he? After having a fight with Jessica, he took the flight straight here, spending time with Marianne to forget the problem.