10

At the end of the hallway, there was a fire alarm door. In big bold letters, saying if we opened it, it'll start ringing. The group stood in front of the doors, glancing at each other to see if anyone was ready.

I held my katana in hand. My grenade launcher still on my back, I'm just glad that there has been a moment that I needed to use it. "Well, I'm ready." I glanced at everyone, walking closer to the door before anyone else did. I set my hand in the push bar.

"Once we get through, we don't stop til we reach that alarm." Coach set his hand on the other door's bar. "Nobody stray." We tensed up, taking one last big breath. Coach and I looked at each other, and nodded.

Swinging the doors open, we opened to a lot of zombies turning to face us. The noise enraging them, and us the target of the mess.

"RUN, RUN, RUN!" Ellis pushing through, firing his sniper towards the rush of blood stained zombies. We all made a dash to the escalators, running up one floor. I tailed behind, standing at the top of the stairs and slicing at anything that followed us up.  "Let's go!" Ellis called for me, grabbing my arm and pulling me along.

Rushing down to the next stairs, we started hearing drainage laughter. The echos had our eyes peeled, we knew what that thing was, a Jockey.

Coach and Nick taking the lead, Rochelle covering fire on the zombies climbing up along the beams of the walls, and Ellis and me taking out all the dead behind us as we crossed another and last flight of stairs.

It was the mule run, as we all edged near the door saying security. As we cheered, almost reaching the end. A lot of pounding on the door alerted us, soon chucks started flying off and it revealed the biggest horde we've seen so far. Everyone stopped in their tracks, and started firing on as the door started getting ripped off it's hinges.

This is the moment I've been waiting for. I stepped in from if everyone else, pulling out my grenade launcher. The zombies took down the door, tripping on each other just to get a piece of us. I fired, and BOOM! A flash of light blinding us, and the sound of limps and guts being sprayed across the walls. There was a ringing in my ear, but it wasn't the fire alarm. The group rushes in, and Rochelle stands with me outside as I refilled my weapon. The alarm shuts off, and Rochelle finishes all the zombies behind us. I push my pinkie in my ear, trying to get the ringing out.

"Man that ringing ain't never gonna stop in my ears." Ellis quipped, also rubbing his ears as he peeks back for Rochelle and me.

Rochelle turns to me with a smile, nodding. "Man, when you want to go big, you go big." She raised her hand for a knuckle bump, and I obliged one in return. "Great work, Jo."

Smiling, I felt apart of this team for real this time... a team, yeah. This was turning out great for what it is.