7

We all walked forward, with my new found toy on my back. I smiled, looking at the group who were wondering what I found to make me so happy. "Great, she's gone mad." Nick rolled his eyes at me, making me giggle a little to myself. 

"Hold on now, I think I'm just going mad with power!" I giggled more, showing off a sleek Grenade launcher. I received some wows, besides Nick. 

"Just don't shoot that thing near us, you'll make us lose a limp-"

"Hello there!" Whitaker's voice drags our attention on him again. "I'm guessing you five would be heading to the mall for rescue?" The camera on the wall next to his megaphones turned to us, we nodded in reply. "I'm also guessing you'd gonna have a hell of a time doing it, seeing how those government fools blockaded the road gettin' there." We turned our heads to see a massive semi with tall cement walls blocking our path on the road to the parking lot. "So here's my preposition.  If you go find me some cola at yonda' food store, I'll clear the path for ya'."

"Finally something that makes sense to me... a man and his snacks." Coach nodded his head approvingly. 

"So let me get this straight. We get you your shit, and you'll help us get to the mall right?" Nick was somewhat confused, to be far I was too. "Okay," he looked dead into the camera with a twinge in his eye. "You cross us, I will kill you with your own gun." 

"I am a man of my word, sir!" Whitaker overtook his claim. "Procure me my cola, and I'll clear the path to the mall for ya'." He paused, taking a small cough of what sounds like dripping regret. "The guns... are on the house."

"Sounds good to me, let's go!" Rochelle urged us to move faster, walking ahead of us with Nick and Coach following her.

Ellis smiled, looking at his sniper. "Cola for guns! I think this is like the reverse of what my school did!" He walked ahead with me following him. 

We stopped at the stairway, looking around our area. The store in front was for sure going to trigger an alarm... that's gonna bring so many zombies on us. "Alright, me and Jo are going inside. I'm covering you with my shotty, you grab the cola. That weapon of yours wont be as good as inside." Coach let me know, as we got closer. 

"Well after you," Nick pushed me again, causing me to tumble and jump down to the bottom parking keep my balance.

"Hey, quit it!" I shouted at him. "I don't need you grabbing me every few minutes, creep!" 

Nick had the look of 'really?' on his face, only to roll his eyes harder then ever. "Just get a move on." 

"JuSt GeT a MoVe On..." I mumbled to myself, Coach following and jumping down. We walked in closer to the door. "I am so gonna get his ass fried." 

"We're a team, we'll deal with your issues later." Coach said as he placed his hand on the door. "Ready?" He asked, I nodded as we push the door open and the damn ringing was so loud it echoed in the empty store. "Run!" coach barked, as we made a mad dash through. We ran by empty shelf after empty shelf. Nothing, we kept going. "Come on, come on!" Coach was stressing.

"Wait look!" I pointed, rushing over and grabbing the Cola. "We got it!" I shouted loud, hoping the group can hear me. Coach and I ran back through the store, he pulled his shotgun out, blasting at the crowd being made at the door. We heard the shots from outside as we ran out. Ellis and Nick stood on the bushes next to the stairs and I ran in closer to them. "Ellis!" I shouted, he looked over to me, as I got ready to throw. Ellis had his hands open, and I chucked the cola towards him. "Heads up!" 

Ellis grabbed the cola, quickly rushing to the stairs and running down the wallway. I looked behind me as I saw a group of zombies climbing over the parking lot bushes. Coach ran ahead to clear a path, but I was already getting surrounded. "Jo, grab my hand!" I heard Nick shouting at me, without a doubt, I ran towards the wall and took one big leap to kick my feet against as Nick grabbed my hand and started to hoist me up. "I got you." He assured me, I looked in his eyes and saw his eyes darted towards the mall. A fiery puff a gas exploded as I watched his face light up when I was pulled into his chest and he wrapped his arm around my head and blocked me from the explosion. The blast knocking down the alarm system of the Save 4 Less store.

Nick gently let me go as I glanced back at the path now opened. 

"Move, Move, move!" Nick barked, as he sprayed down the zombies crawling up behind us.