The Conquerer of Flames and Shizue's Will

Rimuru's POV

After the trio of adventurers and Shizu finished their meal I allowed them to stay the night. Shizu went to the cliff and looking at the sunset. I approached her from behind without her noticing, still wearing my disguise.

Talon (Rimuru): Beautiful site isn't it?

She turned her head around to see me.

Shizu: Oh, hello Rimuru. It is indeed a beautiful site, even more beautiful when it shines over your village.

Talon (Rimuru): I'm glad you like it.

Both became silent for moment, continuing looking at the beautiful horizon that shines over them.

Talon (Rimuru): I'd like to ask you something. You're from Japan aren't you?

Shizu hearing his question turn to him and you might not see it because of her wearing her mask she shown a shock expression.

Shizu: H-How did you know?

Talon (Rimuru): It was pretty obvious at first glance, seeing you using the chopsticks the way how a Japanese person use it to eat and unlike those three companions of yours that don't know how to use it, you seem to be a professional of using them. That's how I figure out you're Otherworlder from Japan.

Shizu: E-eh Rimuru-san, are you Japanese as well?

Talon (Rimuru): Oh no, no I'm not. I had visited Japan a couple of times at my travels of crossing worlds as well some of my closest friends are from Japan and my daughters were born from there.

Shizu: I-I see... (So he can travel through world does that mean his wife can also do the same?)

She removes her mask and smile, a smile that is very familiar to Rimuru upon seeing her face.

Rimuru was silent for a moment of seeing Shizu's face a second time

Rimuru was silent for a moment of seeing Shizu's face a second time. Not wanting to make things awkward he asked her a question.

Talon (Rimuru): How did you get here Shizu?

She stopped smiling and she looks sad.

Shizu: I'm... a Summon.

Talon (Rimuru): So, when were you summoned here?

Shizu: A long time ago. My town was burning engulfed in flames...

Talon (Rimuru): A war?

She nod.

Talon (Rimuru): (If I had to guess, she was summoned round the time World War II, one of the foolish human warriors that cost so many deaths of lives)

Shizu: Bombs fell from the sky... My mother I fled together, but then...

Talon (Rimuru): What happened to your mother?

She lowers her head with no response.

Talon (Rimuru): I'm sorry I ask.