Chapter 3-13

Once a student at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry herself, Minerva McGonagall knew what it was like to come to the grown-ups with questions. She knew what it was like to be at conflict with her own emotions, and she knew what it was like to turn to her role models.

One such role model in her life was the Albus Wulfrick Percival Dumbledore, the man who she saw as a dear friend and even to this day, a mentor.

Dumbledore had a wisdom and insight that few could match, and she respected him for his knowledge on magic, his moral compass, and his ability to see the bigger picture in times of crisis.

In turn, Dumbledore admired McGonagall's loyalty. He valued her opinion and trusted her judgment, often going to her for counsel. McGonagall's shrewdness had earned her a place in his circle of trusted advisors, and she was ever ready to give her insights and support.

Their platonic relationship wasn't without its disagreements. Both were strong-willed individuals who held true to their beliefs, and it was not uncommon for them to argue on topics where their viewpoints diverged. But even in the middle of their disagreements, there was still a deep respect for each other.

Even now when they were facing a dilemma. "The significance of a House transfer I understand, Albus. But the safety and well-being of our students must always come first. If there is even a chance that (Y/N) may be involved in Myrtle's death, we cannot afford to turn a blind eye," she stressed.

Dumbledore was keen on getting it through his old student that a House transfer wasn't a decision to take lightly. McGonagall always listened to his stand point and took his advice seriously.

She had the duty of being a guardian, a teacher, and a protector.

As it were, the last description was calling out louder than the others.

"But we must also consider the impact of such a decision on (Y/N). She has been through a lot and Hogwarts is more than just a school for our students. To separate her from their friends, her support system, may do more harm than good."

He always thought about the long-term consequences. But, her duty as protector compelled her to prioritize the safety of all students, even if it meant making tough choices. "I can't disregard the potential risks involved. We owe it to our students to keep them safe-we already failed them once. I fear that keeping (Y/N) in her current House may expose her to further danger."

That, and McGonagall couldn't have the name of the noble House of Godric Gryffindor be sullied any further. Hopefully he would see eye to eye with her as Gryffindors at heart.

Dumbledore, his overgrown beard in need of a trim, combed through his thoughts. "And yet..."

"What do you suggest we do?" Asked McGonagall impatiently.

The wizard took more into account than just facts, which they didn't even really have. The only fact they had was the death of a Hufflepuff, a loss which would plague him for the decennia to come.

But there was another avenue left to explore. Dippet's headquarter's held an item that could give them an opinion aside from their own.

"Perhaps we should consult the Sorting Hat," Dumbledore concluded wisely.

It was a smart thought, one Mcgonagall hadn't even entertained, but there was value in it. Hearing every perspective, especially that of the magical artifact that was tasked with feeling your emotions and putting you into your family, was only logical.