Chapter 24 "Think Of Me"

Start from the beginning

I went over with the audition piece and kept singing it in my head. This is the final call back... I HAVE TO NAIL THIS! I am so nervous and I think my heart will explode. The director will be there and Andrew Lloyd Webber himself! Let this be a good day. Please!

2:47 pm

Yes! I finally made it! I went inside the building and ran onto a flight of stairs to get to the fourth floor. Already, I saw Louisa tapping her right foot while holding a folder close to her chest

I approached her with a sorry look while fiddling with my hands.

"Am I late?" I asked.

"Nope. In fact, we're early. The audition won't start until 4:00pm, however, the staff are already inside on that room over there." Said Louisa pointing to a door near the end of the hallway. "We can impress them. Mr. Webber really wanted you and me to play the part, however, we have to win the approval of the director first. That is the crucial part of it. But I really don't mind playing the role of Meg."

I smiled as I gave her a hug. "C'mon. Before anything else, we need to do our vocal exercise."

We went to a door that says "Waiting Area". Automatically we went in and practiced our audition piece as the room flooded with girls who also returned for the call backs. I must say... that a lot of these girls has potential.

Suddenly...

"Oh God!" said Louisa looking at a text message.

"What?" I asked quickly with my eyes widened.

"I'm sorry. I have to go. There is an emergency and I need to leave immediately. I'm really sorry!" said Louisa standing up and headed straight through the door.

Typical... I know there's no emergency.

I knew she would back out. She's always like that when everything's hits her like "this is real". I don't know why I stayed friends with her. Honestly, she's dragging me down. Too much negativity. She would always make excuses for this stupidity. She won't get far from this business because she doesn't know how to grab an opportunity.

4:00pm

Finally, the door opened and my name is called at once.

****

(AJ's POV)

8:01 am

"AJ, I am telling you that is not the point." Said Alastair leaning towards me.

I wiped my face in dismay as I breathe out heavily.

"Brother, listen to me. I am not moving out of my apartment... I like it there and it really annoys me when you keep intruding in my private life. Why are you sticking your nose in my business, anyway? I'm perfectly fine, alright?"

"Really now? Why don't we ask someone if you really look okay, shall we?" said Alastair sarcastically. "Hey, you there, Kristina..." grabbing her by the hand and dragging her to our table, "- what do you think of AJ?"

She looked at me and said, "W-well... I... amm..."

I looked away as I drink my coffee. I hardly speak to her these past few days ever since we got back from California. I heard her... I heard her saying "I love you" to Jessie. She meant it and it hurt. I don't know why but it did. I know I have no right to feel this way...

I wish I could just wake up and all these feelings will be gone.

Yes, there is one thing that Jessie has and I don't... it's her.

11:45 am

I'm still at the café together with Alastair when suddenly Jessie came in and sat with us. She looked a little pale.