chapter 25

That night, Oliver slept at my house and the next morning we went together to work. We chatted the entire bus ride and time seemed to pass quickly because in no time we arrived at our destined stop. We wouldn't stop talking until we reached the ninth floor of the building and had to part ways.

"See you at lunch." Oliver waved at me which I gladly returned. Smiling, I walked over to my desk and started unpacking. I couldn't stop grinning at the thought of him. That left me unable to concentrate at work so I had to force myself to forget him and focus entirely on writing. Which was hard at first, but with time it got easier.

Time flew and it was time for lunch. As if on cue, Oliver walked up to me and offered to buy us food. We agreed to go to a restaurant not too far away and I accepted his offer to pay.

While eating, we talked and talked like never before. I never knew we were this compatible. As if we were made for each other. Every time I looked at him, my heart began beating like crazy and the smile on my face wouldn't leave. It was a wonderful feeling and I wished to never stop experiencing it.

"So.." Oliver began. "Now that we're going out... what about a date?" I answered immediately, already excited about the idea. "Sure! When and where?" I asked. "I was thinking of tomorrow right after work. Just a walk around town. We could hold hands and stuff..." The last part was a whisper and I almost didn't catch it. However, I was glad I did. It instantly made me smile wide and giggle.

"Oh we definitely will hold hands." Oliver chuckled at my response and we resumed eating.

~Time skip to tomorrow evening~

"Ready?" he asked, putting on his coat. "Yes, let's go." I replied, already dressed and ready to leave. We both walked out of the building, our hands in our pockets, and marched down the dark street which was only lit by the lamps on the sidewalks. The cool air felt just right, not too cold and not hot at all. It was quiet and peaceful and once in a while a car would pass by.

There weren't many people around and once we were far enough I felt Oliver's hand slide into my pocket. He proceeded to hold my hand and gently squeezed it. I responded by putting our intertwined hands out of my pocket and gave him a squeeze back. Like that we walked down the road with our hands on display. Sometimes people would look, but that didn't bother us. Not at all. We'd continue holding them for strangers to see with a proud smile plastered on our faces.

Once we arrived in the city center, Oliver pointed at a small shop that sold waffles and I nodded in response. We made our way there and looked at the options we could choose from. I wanted a waffle with nutella and Oliver selected one with strawberry marmalade. This time I insisted on paying for both of us.

With our dinner we sat down on a nearby bench and started eating. Between bites I would glance at OLiver next to me and chuckle at his childish behavior. He was devouring his waffle like crazy, clearly enjoying it. I was the same though, I just wasn't letting let it show.

After another hour of walking and talking, we decided it was getting late and time to go home. Before we both went our own ways, he gave me a long hug and a peck on the lips. I smiled happily as I watched him walk away and wave at me.

At home I collapsed on my bed, exhausted after a long and tiring day. However, as our little date came to my mind, it immediately cheered me up and made the corners of my lips curl into a smile.

Lying on the bed sheets, I let my eyes close and my body relax for a short while. But I knew I couldn't stay for too long because then I would be unable to get up and wash myself.

Sighing, I used all my remaining strength to move my body and get up. My eyelids felt heavy and I was sure I would fall asleep any minute now. So once I was finished in the bathroom I jumped into my comfortable looking bed and finally closed my eyes.

It didn't take me long to drift off to sleep and the last thought I could remember was about Oliver.

***

Sitting at my desk and typing, a voice suddenly interrupted my focused state and made me look up to meet the person it came from. My face brightened up just by recognizing my boyfriend.

"Hi, Oliver. Do you need something?" I inquired with a grin. "Hi, just wanted to let you know that I transferred all the necessary money." he stated. My eyes widened and I immediately proceeded to grab my phone and check the new notification that popped up.

And there it was. Exactly 500 thousand dollars.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Did this mean... I was finally free from my debt? I no longer had to act as a fem boy on camera and could enjoy life like a normal person? Spend money on fun stuff with Oliver by my side? It sounded like a dream. And now it was true. It really happened.

"Thank you." I muttered. "Thank you so much, Oliver." I engulfed him in a long hug and he happily complied, wrapping his arms around me and hugging me back. "You're welcome. I'm just glad I could do something for you." I felt tears prickling my eyes, but I didn't let them spill. I had to remind myself we were still at work and there were people around. And I wasn't trying to draw any attention.

"You're the best, really." I let go of Oliver and gave him a grateful smile. "No, you are. And sadly I have to go now so see you later." he responded. We said goodbye and I sat down and returned to my work.

Now the last thing that remained was to transfer the money to the right people. And I did just that. After unlocking my phone and looking at my bank account, I was left speechless at the number of zeros. But I had to stay focused. So I took a deep breath and went to work.

Sinking into my seat, I put the phone back onto the table and sighed in relief. The years of waiting had paid off after all. Now I was planning to continue working hard to pay as much money as possible to Oliver who I now owed.

It felt amazing knowing the debt from my brother had been paid off. Now he could finally rest in peace and I could continue living as a normal person.