Lethal dosage

(requested by Viexydracula11 more then 7 months ago I'M SO SORRY.)

( I forgot I existed these days, but I'm back :D )

( But anyway, this is a story about a doctor and his nurse... They didn't give me any more instructions so I'm gonna make this fun)

No one's POV:

The ambulance was heard from all around the place. Code Blues' everywhere. People shouting, crying, panicking. People doing what they went to school for. Of course there were rude desk ladies. One of the workers came rushing in with a new patient. A middle aged looking guy with very revealing, colourful clothes. He had an oxygen mask over his mouth and was breathing very heavily. They rolled the stroller in and transported him to the bed. They began cutting through his clothes, looking for the source of bleeding. The man had gotten into a street shooting. His boyfriend, who was strolled through not a minut after him, was injured badly as well.

On the other side of the glass a nurse eyed the newly come patient, with pure disgust and anger. He gripped the paperwork he was holding tightly. He felt a sudden hand on his shoulder.
"He's next?"
The figure was a doctor. A rather short man with short brown hair and red glasses.
The nurse in question just nodded.
"Who'd guees he'd end this way."
"I would have guessed he'd die a much more gruesome death then this. It almost seems merciful."
"I think you have quite the point. Too bad for what happened to Vox, no?"
"Don't you two hate eachother's guts?"
"Hate is a strong word my dear. We just seem to dislike one another."
"Isn't that just a light way to use hate?" The nurse giggled.
"If you're that much interested I can always tell you about our shenanigans."
"Maybe save it for another time, we have a lot of work right now."
"You're right-" he clapped his hands "-people will not make themselves better. We must go!" The nurse followed him to the next room.

Anthony watched the monitor which read the heart rate. It was beeping. The line going up and down endlessly. The impuls reappearing yet again. He was sick of it. He was a nurse. He helped people stay alive. He saved people even. But this piece of shit did not deserve a life. He deserved the worse that was coming to him. Being a nurse in the 30's, it was easy what Alastor and he were doing. Purposely killing people was something they did when the person was deserving of it. They acted like gods above them. They got to decide who'll live. Rapists, criminals, abusers were all at their mercy. They did what the world wanted them to do. Even though no one would say it out loud.

Anthony knew the man at his mercy wery well. When he was struggling to pay rent and keeping going to medical school, he was approached by the same guy. He offered him money, as much as he wanted. He just had to come with him. At the time the job seemed perfect to Anthony. Until he became his victim. He considered dropping out of school multiple times. He considered killing himself multiple times. But he pushed through with the help of his friends. Now he had a life and a career. While this man had nothing left. Honestly it was a miracle this did not happen much sooner.
He stared at him from above as he heard the door being close behind him. He turned around being met with a pair of brown like eyes back. A smile on the mans face as he gave him a syringe. Alastor came to his side and held the hand in place as Anthony found a vein. The syringe injection was slow. They watched as the mans face grew to one of horror before slowly having his eyes close.

"Time of death 17:56"

"Looks like he got away."
"Seems like it, he's holding up pretty well."
"Deer old Vox gets to go home after all "
They watched as the said patient opened his eyes. His eyes locking with green ones. But the mask placed at his face preventing him from speaking a word. He moved his head from left to right looking around, realising where he was finally. Anthony and Alastor came through the door.
"How are you feeling old friend?" Said Alastor, adjusting the cables.
Vox grunted.
"Yeah, it seems so."
Anthony briefly described what happened to Vox and his secret boyfriend, leaving out how Valentino ended up.
Vox slowly brought one hand to point at the mask.
Anthony looked at Alastor for a moment, who gave him a nod. He slowly removed the mask.

"Val... How is he?"

Alastor sat down next to Vox. Putting his hand on top of Voxes he said.
"Valentino didn't wake up from the surgery. I'm so sorry."
"So that's now it is. Thank you."
Alastor patted his shoulder.
"Get some rest. You're doing good."
They left with that. As soon as the door closed the let out a breath they didn't know they were holding. Anthony started giggling.
"No, no stop!"
"Don't worry he'll think I'm sobbing of some shit-" Anthony said unable to hold his laugh any longer. Alastor chuckled softly beside him.

"Good work doctor!" Alastor heard from behind him. Anthony quickly catching up to him.
"I would say your performance today was better then mine dear."
They laughed on their way to the house they shared.
"So Vox was discharged today?"
"Filled all the paperwork myself."
The key was inserted into the doorknob. The door quickly opened. Today had been a rought day. Anthony and Alastor both crashed onto the couch.
"It's such a hassle acting like we give two shits about criminals."
"Yeah, I couldn't agree with you more."
Alastor moved to lay down, Anthony followed him and laid his head on his chest and peacefully dozed off to sleep. Alastor chuckled and started moving his fingers through his hair. Valentino has done so much damage to his sweet angel. He can't even imagine the relief Anthony is feeling right now. And he's glad about it. He's glad they made things work together. Even if the world disapproved of everything known to them. They still made it work.

"He's gone and we made sure of it. We're a team after all."

He let his body relax shortly after and they slept on the couch until their backs started to hurt.

(I can't express how sorry I am for my lack of presence these past months. I've anticipated this break for so long and kinda gave into it fully. It was great and I wouldn't have had it any other way but I feel like I've neglected this story because of it. So I have a couple of stories I've worked on little by little and I'll finished them all today. ⚠️Deal to kill and hunters fox will both also make an appearance in next few days⚠️

And with that I hope you all get to enjoy my return🫶🏻)