Hunter's fox (part 1)

(another one for Sabamoonlover from GenzyAnn , this tells a story of a fox and it's hunter, I've also decided to divide this into two parts- where they first met and when they know eachother.
I do hope everyone enjoys :)

Also next part should be A deal to kill part 3)

No one's POV.
It was late December, January was right around the corner. Deep snow was present throughout the entire New Orleans. At least 30 centimetres deep. Certainly not the worst winter they remember. While the locals cleaned the streets, brought out more Christmas decorations, or simply enjoyed their time inside having a warm cup of hot chocolate, there were a lot of people who taught this time of the year was perfect for hunting. It was the time when animals with nice fur would come out. One of those hunters, however, wasn't looking for fur or food for that matter. He had plenty of food back home, enough to easily get him through the winter. He was hunting because it was fun. On more then one occasion however, he stumbled upon things he simply couldn't explain. The thing being a white fox. It wouldn't be too uncommon if one escaped from a zoo or somehow was born with weird genetics. But he swore there was something about this one that just wasn't normal. No animal could disappear that fast. It was in a blink of an eye. Gone without any trace in the deep snow. There were none. And it was not only once that he'd seen it. It would happen more often then he would've expected. And every time the animal would look him in the eye and disappeared as soon as he blinked. At one point be started thinking it might've been an illusion from all the whiteness surrounding him. That he'd just been imagining things. But he refused to belive he was loosing his mind so soon. Not yet. He needed to know what's he been seeing. So every day, he'd return to the forest. A gun behind his back. But he would not kill anything. He just looked around. On this day he decided to go in a little deeper, closer to a small nearby mountain. The snow was a lot deeper there, he had to be more careful where he stepped. Suddenly, without warning the ground started to shake. He looked up and saw snow coming his way. He tried running away but slipped on the slow, soon the snow he saw came crashing down onto him. He covered his head and closed his eyes, passing out.

His eyes slowly opened again. He looked down, seeing he wasn't covered in snow. The avalanche laid a couple of meters away from him. His back was pressed agains a tree. His gun and backpack laid beside him. He remembered everything, but was so confused. How did he get out? Who saved him? He looked around. That's when his eyes met the eyes of his saviour. He fox didn't blink, staying about five meters away from where he was sitting. It stood high on it's legs. Alastor did not dare to blink. He still wasn't convinced if this was really happening. He tried standing up, but found his left leg hurt, making him sit back down. The fox titled it's head. He took a stick that laid on the ground and a bandage he kept in his pocket to force his leg to stay in a straight position. While he was doing that the fox started digging the snow close to it. It pulled out a larger stick and slowly made it's way to the human, who was almost done. It left the stick close to him and turned around. Alastor looked up frantically.
"You are real." He said under his breath.
The fox continued going forward.
"No, wait!" Alastor shouted behind it. But the fox did it's thing again. It was gone. Alastor looked down at the stick the fox left him. He took his gun and backpack, slowly making his way home.

"I'm telling you! It was incredible, gorgeous. Magical-"
"Alright, I think that avalanche might've hit you in the head too hard." Husk grumbled.
"I'm telling you it happened!"
"Yeah, yeah. Maybe Niffty would be more interested in hearing about fairly tales." Husk replied, finishing up the bandage around Alastor's head. Alastor did not say a word more. He looked out of the window at the snow that started to fall again. He did not need anyone else to belive what he saw.
"I know you're there." He said quietly. Husk just eyed him with a worried look. Alastor had never been the one to make up things. Lies yes, but stories such as this one, no. He was starting to worry the might've really hit his head hard.
"I should take you to the hospital for that leg of yours."
"I don't believe that's necessary-"
"I was not asking you." Husk said with a cold, stern voice. Alastor sighed throwing on his jacket.

The doctor said his leg wasn't broken, so it shouldn't take that long to heal. But that still meant a lot of rest. And Husk was making sure he was following the doctors word. He'd drop by at least twice a day. At random times too. Alastor didn't have a choice but to stare out the window. His dreams were filled with whiteness, with the fox. He begged Husk to at least go for a little walk.
"Are you a fool? The snow is almost deep enough to reach your knees."
"There has to be a way!"
"Listen." Husk said seriously.
"You can not go outside with your leg like that. Even if there is something, it'll have to wait. I am not arguing anymore." Husk stayed around for another half a hour before leaving, making sure to remind Alastor of what not to do. He wasn't a fool. He knew he'll freeze to death if he passed out in the snow again. He pulled out his chair and set it outside on the porch. Setting his gun just in case. He sat down and stared into the distance. Suddenly, the snow became... Closer? Something was coming to him. He grabbed his shotgun. But was relieved. The fox emerged from the snow. He sat the gun back down. The fox kept it's distance. Alastor made no sign of getting up, so the fox slowly came closer. It started at his bandaged leg. Alastor didn't take his eyes off of it. It sat in front of Alastor now. He brought his hand up slowly, extending it forward for the creature. The fox smelled him, then to his surprise nuzzled his hand. Alastor's smile grew. The fox laid down near his feet. Alastor didn't move for the rest of the day. Maybe taking a rest wasn't so bad after all.

(I'll put the comic in the next part cuz it'll make more sense)