Uniting the old ways with the new (Merthur)

I look up at the sound of the bell and feel a surge of magic go through me. In storms, a blond man in a nice suit, shaking his head and looking down at his phone. 'So today is the day, huh?' I think.

Without looking up the man powerwalks to the counter demanding; "A double shot cappuccino to go. And make it quick! I'm running late."

I laugh under my breath and respond sarcastically. "Yes, my liege!" He shivers and looks up slightly scowling before looking down. 'God, I missed that face.' I blush slightly, glad he wasn't looking up at me. "And the name for the coffee, sir?" I ask.

"Arthur, what's yours? Might need it to report you." He says typing on his phone.

"Merlin." I state unbothered by his threat. 'Same as always I guess.' I turn to make his coffee.

He fakes laughs. "Very funny." "What's funny?" I ask looking over my shoulder burning myself as I do so. "Shit!" I shake my hand, focusing back on the coffee.

"Because I'm Arthur, like of the round table. But at least that's a real name. No one is actually named Mer..." he freezes looking up at my name tag as I turn back to his coffee in hand.

"Yeah well, maybe it's fate you came to my coffee shop." I say smugly. He scoffs. "Or I'm late and you're the closest place to get coffee." He says rolling his eyes, grabbing the coffee.

"Have a good day my lord." I say in a sweet voice. He shakes his head one last time before leaving. I laugh, causing some patrons to turn and look at me. I turn around to clean the bench behind me.

--------

Arthur pov

I hurry out of the coffee shop and hoping back in my car. "What a weirdo!" I say to myself. I speed down the street and park at the tall office building. Rushing up to my office before sitting down it sips my coffee.

"Sir, you need to get in there. We can't begin without you." My secretary says. "Yes, I know. I am the CEO. Just, just give me a minute to breathe. I'll be in soon." She nods walking off to the meeting room.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. An image flashes in my mind. It's the man at the coffee shop. 'Merlin?!' I scoff. 'What a rude barista. I wonder what his boss thinks of him talking to the customers like that.' I take another sip of coffee and sigh. "At least he can make a decent coffee. Man, this is a good coffee.'

I go to stand before receiving another flash of images. A man who looks like this Merlin guy but dressed in strange clothes. He looks to be in some kind of stone brick room, serving some food. Then on a horse. Holding up a chest plate. "My liege!" His voice echoes.

"What was that?" I whisper shaking my head. I stand up and walk off to my meeting, hoping to ignore what just happened.

-----------

Merlin pov

I'm cleaning off some tables, near the end of my shift when the bell jingles. I look over and see Arthur walk in looking around. I smile and walk over to the counter.

"Ah, back for another cappuccino?" I ask in my customer service voice, standing behind the register.

"What did you do to my drink?" He asks loudly. I pause, face dropping. "I'm not sure I understand. Was there something wrong?" I ask genuinely confused.

"It was perfect. Just one problem, I've been hallucinating all day." He says equally confused.

I think for a second. "Oh! Yeah, no that's got nothing to do with the coffee." I say nonchalantly.

"Excuse me?!?!?! So you admit to doing something to me?" He says angrily.

"Sir, I'll have to ask you to lower your voice." I say waving around and gesturing to the customers. "I didn't do anything to you. It's your fault really. I told you it was fate. You're just remembering your past life."