Chapter 2: The Rabbit Hole.

Start from the beginning

With everything to lose, Toko instinctively jumped up and tackled the warden, knocking him over, and swiftly grabbing the keys. She turned rapidly towards Makoto and waved her arm over, as the spectral figure suddenly dissipated, and the odd green and yellow mask reappeared on Makoto's face.

"Come on! Let's go!" she cried, jangling the keys as a way of letting Makoto know of her plan. Acting quickly, Toko and Makoto dived out of the cell; Makoto slamming the gate shut, and Toko swiftly shoving the key in the hole and locking it! Towa clambered to his feet, and grabbed the bars, his face absolutely livid!

"YOU BASTARDS!" he cried in a rage, rattling on the bars, "Don't let them get away! SEIZE THEM!"

Makoto didn't wait around for backup to show. He instead grabbed Toko's arm and made a run for it.

"Wh-Where the hell are we gonna go!?" Toko cried.

"Anywhere but there!" he replied, "come on! Let's go this way!"

Makoto guided Toko towards an important looking door, and the two students burst through it in a desperate escape attempt!

"OW!"

"GAH!"

Upon rushing through the door, and coming out into the clearing behind it, Toko and Makoto were unpleasantly greeted by the feeling of the solid ground against their faces. They collapsed on the ground, and lay there for a few minutes.

"Wh-What happened...!? Where are we now!? Wait...Where did your outfit go!?" Toko exclaimed in quick succession.

Makoto took a moment to compose himself, as he picked himself up to his knees, and looked down at himself. He was wearing his school uniform again, and it was now damp and dirty from where he had collapsed on the wet grass. Trying to righten his mind, he suddenly felt a vibration in his pocket, and reached in it to take out his phone.

His phone screen was on the strange app from earlier, and now a new message displayed across it, which his phone's speaker also read aloud.

[YOU HAVE RETURNED HOME. CONGRATULATIONS.]

Death Wish - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

"What does it mean "returned?" D-Does that mean we got away?" Toko asked.

"Beats me..." Makoto replied, crawling to his feet, and helping Toko up to hers, "where even are we right now?"

The two of them looked around, and saw that they were standing in front of a building, but one that was remarkably different than the one they had just escaped from. It was small, and much more cosy-looking.

"I think this might be the new Elementary School." Toko observed, "but...where did the prison go?"

"I...have no idea..." Makoto's mind was drawing a blank. He was processing everything that happened back there, but was cut short in his thoughts as Toko suddenly grabbed him and shook him.

"More importantly, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?" she shrieked, "what the hell were you doing over the summer break when I didn't see you!? What kind of demonic ritual did you go through to get that power!?"

"Wh-What power!?" Makoto exclaimed, "you mean that thing I did back in the prison?"

Toko glared at him.

"No...The power to turn yourself into a cow..." she snapped sarcastically, "what the hell do you think!?"

"Alright, dumb question..." Makoto scratched his face embarrassingly, "it's just...to be honest with you, I don't really get it myself...That was a first for me too."