Chapter 24

The elderly lady stepped out of the shadows, and I wasn't the only one to let out my breath. I was dead wrong with my description. She was far from what I figured. She was wearing a grey turtle neck sweater, vest. Along with a long sleeved grey, tight fitting shirt. The shirt almost seemed more purple in certain lights. Light jeans to match. Her grey curly hair almost reached her shoulders, and matched her bright smile, and small figure. Her skin was flawless, little to no wrinkles. 

  She beamed at us as she stepped out onto the porch, "Colin sent you, huh? What brings you kids here?" She asked, no suspicious taste covering her. Her voice didn't even shake when she spoke, she seemed like a generally nice lady, hardly elderly as Colin had described. 

  "Well, he almost hit us with his truck-" Jess started, but was cut off by the lady gasping, she raised her hands, as if to feel for any wounds, "Are you kids alright? He didn't mean to hit you, right?" She whispered, fear really covering her eyes, and making them frightening, turning them almost black from the chocolate brown she had. 

  "No, no, Ma'am, we're completely fine, he sent us here for a little cleanup, I mean, look at us, we've been on the run for weeks," I stated, then immediately gasped, 'on the run for weeks.' I hope she didn't mistake us for criminals, but she didn't seem jagged at all, she sighed of relief, and waiting for me to continue, "you see, we're in a little jiffy, here, let me explain." I opened my mouth to start, but nothing came out. She waved her hand up, stopping me from continuing.

  "You poor dears, come on in, you have plenty of time to explain to us what happened, but only after I get some junk food in you, look at you, you're twigs, come on, come on." She waved us in, opening the door and stepping inside herself, before turning around again. I shrugged, and followed Cam in, he wasn't taking no for an answer, we had a place to sleep, food in our stomachs, and warm water, as he had been so excited about eariler. Maybe she was right, plenty of time to explain. I wouldn't mind a shower..

 *****

     Pruedence's POV:

   "Jude, wouldn't they have been here by now? I mean, he must have caught them by now, God only knows where they are. Did you call Sam?" I paced around my sisters living room, every now and then looking out of the window at the sun coming up to shine for the day. It was early morning, dawn. Since the days were getting longer, the weather was getting colder. 

  "Relax, yes I called Sam. He explained to me that he hasn't been in touch since he saved them from those two idiots, literally, that day by some old Cafe. I bet they're at some hotel or old couples house, they're probably eating bacon and eggs and booking flights to California. Bacon and eggs sounds pretty good right now.." Jude said, getting lost in thought.

  "Jude, focus! Richard's been gone for years, I don't really want to remember him right now, I have other things to focus my attention on. Like how my two children are lost out there in the world! Do you have any idea how they're getting around?" I was babbling. 

  "Prue, you need to relax. I bet they're fine, and I wouldn't be surprised if they arrived within a few weeks." She got up out of her plush counter stool, abandoning her fresh cup of coffee, and came to stand beside me by the window.

  "I can't relax, why can't I talk to them? Sam knows them, Sam met them, Sam spent a ton of time with them! Why can't I speak to my children!?" I bellowed, pushing away from her, and entering my bedroom. I slammed the door, letting her know that I wanted to be alone.

  "Please be okay, Casey, Jess. Please..." I mumbled to myself.

 *****

   Cam's POV: