Chapter 21: Fiancé

Clove
I wake in a hospital bed with enobaria beside me and I start freaking out and she tries calming me down "How am I alive?!?!" I yell. "Shh shh I'll explain..you see although you pissed off the president the capitol loved you and they couldn't handle losing their victor so when you ate those berries they quickly pulled you out before the poison got to your heart and were able to heal you and you've been a deep sleep for about 12 hours since the games."

"And Cato? Wha-what happened to Cato?" I say fidgeting with the ring he had got me half expecting a grim answer...but enobaria just smiles "come in." She says and I see Cato walk through the door. I instantly pull out any tubes attached to me and I run to him "I thought you were dead!! Ho-How are you alive?!" I say patting his arms with my hands repeatedly to make sure this wasn't a dream and it wasn't. Enobaria walks up next to me and says "That 'canon' you heard was an explosion set off by a bomb on the other side of the arena planted by one of the dead tributes. However, Cato was still close to death but when they saved you I told them you would kill yourself if they didn't save him so they also pulled him out and healed him."

I laugh out of disbelief and happiness, enobaria leaves us to have our alone time "you almost killed yourself for me..." he says half angry "well yea..together or not at all, I realized that I'm only whole when I'm with you" I say "well I love you and I would've done the same." He says before kissing me

Brutus comes in "well I guess you two really did make it" he said he laughs and hugs us "but you two have to get ready for interviews..just tell them the truth just don't make it sound angry or anything" "oh..kay?" I say  out of confusion "what I mean is just tell them that you did it because you didn't want to live without him, truth. But don't explain the YOU LOSE stuff, angry" I nod and Cato does too

Night of interview
I get ready and I am wearing a purple fluffy dress then walk to the elevator with Cato. "Ready?" He asks and I sigh "as I'll ever be.." I say and we walk into the stage and Caesar greets us "well isn't it the lethal lovers!! Cato and clove!!" He says on his chair and we sit down in front of him "so.. clove, Cato do you know the reason everyone calls you the lethal lovers?" We look at each other "well not really?" I say truthfully we only know it was because 'our performance' then Caesar explains "well it was because...you two killed many people together giving us an amazing and entertaining show!!" I see Cato's fists tighten and I knew why he talk as if it was all a fun game...and although it is a game it was everything but fun.

"And also clove I have to applaud your heartbreaking reaction to your fallen ally, glimmer's death" now I get really pissed off 22 fucking people died and he talks as if it was all a show! "Well yes my ally and becoming friend died so of course i was upset." I say harshly but long after I feel Cato's hand glide on my back calming me down.

"Yes that's very true..anyways what drove you to make that decision to end your life after you had thought Cato died?" "Well I couldn't bear the thought of living a life without my so I thought there was no point in living..I had no one to go back to." "Fiancé?" Caesar asks, then Cato cuts in "I proposed before the games so yes fiancé"