Chapter 2: Broken

Cloves POV
I walk with my friend to the reaping she was already 18 and was picked to volunteer. "You know clove, you would easily win in the hunger games. Me, I'm not sure..." "hey, faith look you are great at hand to hand combat your also good with a bow. You'll be fine...just don't trust anyone..not fully." "I know clove I'm sorry about Clara..." my eyes widen as she brought up my sisters name. She was one of the 3 people left in the 70th hunger games but..she fell in love with one of her allies, the guy then axed her while she was sleeping and I watched. At least he didn't win a girl from district 4 I think won... "Just please please don't make the same mistake I can't lose you too" I say as I walk to my section. Crystal comes up to the stage and picks the girls first "Sarah Knocks" "I volunteer!" I hear faith yell and sigh. Then they pulls the boys "Chris Lot!" And they go to say their goodbyes. By the time I got there they were already going into the train. 'It's fine'I thought I'll just see her when she gets back

The next day
"We will be in the back talking with future sponsors just train k, spar if you want" farina says before leaving the training center. I sigh and and go to the knives.I hit a dummy in the head from 30 feet away when I hear a voice behind me "ahem...can you show me how to do that shorty?" I turn to see Cato "excuse me?" I ask "I saw your really really good with knives so-" "so what? You want me to show you how to kill me with another weapon?" He sighs obviously done with my shit "Look. We're allies clover so you'd be the last person I wanna kill" " That's not my name, my name is clove not clover dumbass" "I know I just think clover fits you cute name for a cute girl" he winks. I feel my cheeks getting red, why?? I don't know what to do. So I retreat to the thing I do to everything and I roll my eyes. "Tell you what let's spar you win I teach you the knives, I win you NEVER call me clover again." "Alright deal first one to get pinned down right" "mhmm" we both get ready on the mat and charge at each other I punch him and kick his leg and he's on the floor but before I could get on top of him to hold him down he flipped me over and got on top of me. "Hey! That's not fair! Your so much bigger than me" "I'm not the one who made the deal clover" he says with a chuckle. Then he looks straight into my eyes I'm stuck I can't look away and it seems like he can't either and we stay in that position for a few minutes finally I say "ahem um i can teach you the knives now if you want..." "oh yea um sure" he says as he gets off of me. "Alright so I feel like you'd do better with a big knife here" I hand him one and he starts aiming "no no no put it right here," I see him staring at me. I smile but quickly drop my smile "um look at the knife ok now throw!" It hits a dummy in the stomach "great job!" "Well your a pretty good teacher.." I smile and start packing up. "Anyways I'm going home bye!" "Bye" he says and I run out of the training center and have to walk all the way to my house. To my father... Once I walk into the house I am overwhelmed by the stench of alcohol and that's how I know my father is here. He been a drunk for years ever since Clara died...that's why I call myself a family of one. I try to sneak up the stairs so he doesn't see me. But then I feel my braid get pulled back "where have you been?!!!" "I'm sorry I'm sorry!! I was at training I got chosen!!" "Good. I'll finally be rid of you!" He punches me in my stomach and once I'm on the floor he starts kicking me. "Your so weak you will NEVER win" he says before going up the stairs to his room. And I stay there broken.