Chapter 16: Damn

Clove
We have been looking for days on end but we still couldn't find any tributes to kill. One day I was hunting for food cus it was my turn..then I heard the rustling in some bushes.

Suddenly I see lover boy appear and take out my knives and take my aim. "Wait! I can help you!" I pause "ten seconds to tell me how" "I've been watching you guys. You guys can't find Katniss but I know her! I know where she would go! I could help you find her!" "Hm I'll take you to Cato..let him decide"  I put my knives down and lead him to the camp

When they see me all of them raise their weapons especially Cato "wait! He thinks he can help us find fire girl" Cato sighs and takes me to talk away from the group

"Do you actually think he could help?" He asks "yea..I mean it's worth a try isn't it? If he lies we can always kill him" I say "what if he betrays us?" "I don't think he will Cato..."

"Ok...fine but once we kill fire girl we're killing him" "okay.." we walk back and see Peeta "we'll keep you but mess anything up and we will kill you" "okay okay!"

Soon enough we see a fire "yes! Finally" when we get to the fire there's another young girl but she's sleeping however our laughter woke her up. Marvel walks up to her with his machete "please I'm begging you please don't kill me!!" She cries tears streaming down her face. Marvel just laughs and drives the machete through her stomach. We walk away when we see her bleeding heavily "hey we didn't hear a canon.." Peeta says "but I killed her!" Marvel screams "obviously not cus we would've heard a canon I'll go back and finish her off" and marvel makes frustrated groans and I laugh at his reaction him being annoyed is hilarious

Then we hear the canon "there..oh! There that's one of her traps!" He says pointing to the ground I couldn't really see it but we just went with it..

Then we see mass smoke on the other side of the arena and Cato almost ran to it  "no! It looks like a forest fire that is not a camp fire. There's no way." "Okay...let's go to the river let's get some water" Cato says while racing me and everyone and we begin to laugh and race with him. This was one of the only times where we could actually laugh and have fun..

When we got there we see fire girl in the water I gasp "look look!!!" I say pointing to her and we all run after her "we're coming for you Katniss!" Glimmer yells. Then she climbs a tree when we catch up to her. Cato goes to climb the tree but I say it's dangerous but he says he'll be careful.

"Be careful Cato!" I yell while the other two are chanting 'get her Cato or kill her Cato' but Peeta just stayed quiet. Cato falls and I run to him "are you okay?! I told you it was dangerous" I scream but also laugh "yea yea" he goes to climb again but Peeta suddenly speaks "just let her be she'll have to come down some time either that or starve to death" me and Cato look at each other. I wasn't entirely fine with it because I wanted to kill her with Cato but at this point I knew Cato just wanted her dead "fine. Make a fire!"

Me and Cato fall asleep pretty fast. I snuggle up to Cato and sleep comfortably and see marvel and glimmer doing the same, I guess Peeta was taking the shift..

I wake up and feel stinging on my neck then Cato shaking me awake and yelling at everyone to run. Crap! Tracker jackers. We start to run but I see glimmer get slowed down I tried to help her but it was too late she had to many stings. Despite getting stung I kneel at her body in shock and marvel does the same and he's hysterically crying and screaming. Cato eventually pulls us away and both of us start screaming and I actually start crying

"No!!no!! Glimmer!!" We say trying to go back but Cato is to strong and eventually marvel also starts running away from the tracker jackers but Im still in shock and Cato is carrying me.

When we get far enough everyone including me faints.

Cato
I start running thinking Clove and marvel and glimmer are behind me. Then I see peeta warning fire girl to run and helping her get away. Bastard! I run after him and stab his leg leaving a big wound. But I look back and realize none of them are behind me..so I leave peeta to die and see clove and marvel kneeling at something. As I get closer I realize it's glimmers body...I see the tracker jackers about to surround us so I pick up both marvel and clove and flee. They both cry and protest but eventually marvel follows and starts running with me while clove is still pretty shocked and I had to carry her.

We reach somewhere far enough and I see marvel drop from the stings and I get pretty dizzy and let clove down and she drops as well..then finally I pass out too. Damn..