Chapter 19: Survive Together

Clove
Well we took care of thresh and the guy from 8 now there's only 3 more obstacles in our way..fire girl, lover boy, and fox-face.

While me and Cato were hunting we hear a canon. We go around and find fox face with night lock in her hands. "Suicide." I state and Cato then says "how do you know?"

"Well I looked at what she was training with but I only saw her studying plants and berries.. she's smart. Too smart, she knew she couldn't beat us..she's the last person without someone from their district...she knew she couldn't win.." Cato nods and says "mm we have to go the hovercraft will soon be here to take the body.."

I nod and we leave...seeing her body splayed out like that across the floor...just brought me back to when glimmer died...then that got me thinking about marvel.. I don't know why but it hurt so much just to think about them knowing I will never see them again..

"Clover! Clover!" Cato says shaking me out of my trance "let's make camp at the cornucopia" he says while packing our stuff into a backpack "what if their there" i say knowing they might have the same idea "then we end the game." I sigh and we go to the cornucopia.

Not long after we set up camp there Katniss and Peeta walk onto the cornucopia. They are both across us, right in front of us, obviously with the same intent. This is it...the final show down.

Cato leans to me and whispers "I'll take Peeta just stall Katniss so we can kill her together" I smile and nod then pull out my knives. Before Katniss can get her now ready I run towards her. And we begin fighting and rolling on the floor. I straddle her so I can start cutting her up but she rolls me off.

I see Katniss smiling and I turn and see Peeta trying to strangle Cato "Cato!" I say as I stab Peeta in the back then Cato drives his sword through him. Peeta pauses and begins to choke on his own blood. Then we hear his canon.

"Peeta!" Katniss yells I can tell she's not upset about a loss of her so called "lover" but the loss of her chance to win.

She's frozen in her place when me and Cato both turn to her with a sadistic look in our eyes. We slowly walked over to her "oh god this is so pathetic. Get up! At least give us some fun before we kill you" I say laughing

She then begins to try to run but I catch her and jump on her. "Do you have no shame! You are a coward running from a fight at least lover boy fought til the end" I say and she begins to tear up. "Where do you think I should start first my love?" I ask Cato

"Mmm" he whispers something into my ear and I love the idea so I nod and begin. I ask Cato to hold her with her back facing me. I pick up her shirt and carve in "district 12" into her back with my favorite knife.

We then make her kneel in front of me with Cato in back of her. "You two are heartless! How could you have killed him with no mercy!" I was about to shoot back but Cato says something first "you were killing him slower by not loving him..I could see he truly loved you but you just used him. You are heartless." And with that i sing song "hears the finale" I then take out a big knife and Cato takes out his sword. "Ready?" He asks and I nod "1. 2. 3." Then I stab her in the heart and Cato drives his sword through her chest and she falls forward plunging my knife into her heart. And her canon goes off. I run into Cato's arms and he twirls me around "we won!" He put me down and we stood there waiting for them to announce us the winners but we hear the booming voice again "attention attention tributes the previous altercation is now revoked. There will only be one winner good luck"

We stand their in utter disbelief we knew we wouldn't hurt each other even if we were force to. But now we don't know what to do...I guess for now for the time being we'll have to try to survive together.