Chapter 18: Lethal Lovers

Clove
Only 7 left...7 tributes; me, Cato, lover boy, fire girl, fox face, thresh, and a random person from 8. Me and Cato decide to go hunting.

We find a boy (the boy from district 8) who's hunting for food but now he's being hunted. He spots us and starts running but we eventually catch up.  I hold him down on the ground then Cato stabs him in the stomach with his sword and we wait til he bleeds out and we hear the canon.

Now it's only 5 people who's in our way to come back home..but how will we both win..eno said she'll come up with a plan but it doesn't seem she has..

While we're sharpening our weapons we hear a booming voice "Attention attention tributes the rule that allows only one winner has been altered there may be two winners if the originate from the same district" i look at Cato "we can go back home together!!" I say jumping into his arms with a huge smile on my face

"Then we can get married and live in victors village.." he says before kissing my hand with my engagement ring on it. We sleep peacefully that night knowing we won't have to fight each other and can win together. In the morning we hear the booming voice again. "Attention tributes each of you need something desperately and because we are generous hosts there will be a feast at the cornucopia today good luck"

"We could get food we've been running low" Cato says and it's true but this was probably a trap to have us kill other people.

We hide in the bushes and see fox face get her bag first then she quickly runs away. I go run to our bag and Cato watches to make sure nothing bad happens. Then suddenly as I'm running back to Cato a heavy mass pushes me to the cornucopia "you killed her! That little girl! Rue!" "No! No I didn't! Cato!! CATO" I yell crying scared that it all ends here luckily I see Cato behind thresh so I use all my strength to push thresh away and towards Cato. Then Cato raises his sword and brings it down on him with all his strength. When his canon goes off Cato hugs me. "Oh my god! I thought I was gonna die!" "No..your okay I won't let anyone hurt you again"

We got a sponsor from Brutus "with your performance in the arena you are now being called the lethal lovers on tv haha-Brutus" I roll my eyes but quite like that. Peeta and katniss were the so called "star crossed lovers" but me and Cato we are the "lethal lovers"