Chapter 22: 3 Parts Of A Whole

Clove
We finally finished the interviews and went back to our rooms. This is the last night we will be in this room...even though we have some nice memories in here I am happy to be leaving the only real thing I'll miss about the games are enobaria and Brutus. They've grown to become parent figures for me...so much that I'd forgotten I had an actual father.

The next day
We're in the train back to district 2 and Cato is looking out the window next to me. Then suddenly enobaria and Brutus come into the cart. "We've arranged for you two to live together in victors village..if that's what you want of course." Enobaria says with a small smile and I go up and hug her. "Thank you...for everything enobaria you too Brutus"

"Yea thanks we know you guys are the reason we're still alive" Cato says "we'll visit you guys we promise" I say as we leave the train.

A couple days later me and Cato were fully moved in with each other and were already planning our wedding.

A couple months later
"You may now kiss the bride!" The priest says and Cato holds my chin and kisses me.. I feel whole at that moment, as if everything was finally perfect.

Three years later
Since we got married we wanted children and we're together and have all the money we could need so we decided to try to get pregnant...we tried and tried..and tried but we just couldn't do it. So we decided to go to the doctor.

At the doctors office the doctor gave us some of the worse news we could hear. I couldn't have kids..it's physically impossible..I started sobbing and sobbing "Why?" Cato says his voice strained. "Well clove those berries in the games..they could've had a negative effect on any of your organs..but they took a toll on your reproductive system and it is permanent..I'm so sorry" I start to cry even harder the games just keep taking and taking and taking from my life..

A couple days later
I sit on the couch stoned face and Cato gives me some tea "clover...we still have options but I'm only on board with something if you are" and I smile and nod then there is a knock on the door and eno is on the other side of it "I'm so sorry clove...for everything but you will have to be mentors for this years hunger games."

I nod in acceptance but it will most likely be torture to see that again to relive it..but I'll get through it. I have Cato.

In the end, we adopted a 13 year old girl tribute that we mentored through the hunger games. She reminded me of myself and we later found out that her parents abandoned her right when she got chosen so we took her in. And that's when me and Cato went from two halves of a whole to 3 parts of a whole..