Chapter 43

Thanks to all of you who have already sent in your entries for the cover contest! They are all so good and I already know it's going to be hard to pick the winner. It's not too late to enter if you still want to, the deadline is this coming Saturday on June 6th. Remember to send me your username in the email so I know who you are. :)

Chapter 42

"Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you" - Keep holding on - Avril Lavigne

From: Logan

Just landed. Already miss u. I'll call you tonight.

I re read the text message Logan sent me for the hundredth time. I felt relieved that he landed safely but then I felt that dread and sadness that he really was gone and wouldn't be walking through my door any minute.

It's only been a few hours and I already miss Logan way more than I thought I would. Sure, we have been away from each other for a week before but this time it was different, it will be more than a week before we see each other.

Trying to keep myself busy is how I've been trying to cope with this whole thing. Cleaning my room, cleaning the house, reading, anything I can do to keep my mind off the fact that Logan no longer lives next door to me and I can't just go and see him when I want.

This sucks.

Later that night, I settle in bed underneath the warm and safe feeling of my covers. Today has been a long day and I want nothing more than to just go to sleep.

The shrill ring of my phone wakes me from my sleep and I realized that I must have dozed off for a few minutes.

Logan's name comes up on the caller ID on my phone and I happily click answer because the sound of his voice is what I need right now.

"Hey," I said sleepily as I sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" His deep rich voice rings through the phone and I instantly am soothed by the sound.

"I must have dozed off but it's okay, how was the flight?" The time difference from where I am in Florida and where he is in California is three hours. With it being 11:00 p.m here, it's only 8:00 p.m there. The time difference is defiantly going to be an issue.

He sighs, "Long, but it wasn't as bad as I thought."

I yawn, "Well that's good, at least there wasn't a crying baby next to you."

He chuckles, "You are so right princess. I don't think I could have handled it,"

I smile for the first time since saying goodbye to him today, "I can totally see you right now sitting there with a screaming crying baby next to you and you ready to strangle the poor thing."

"That was a defiantly a blessing for that not happening."

I shook my head, Gosh I miss him.

We were silent for a moment and then he spoke up, "What are you thinking about?" He asked softly.

"Just how much I miss you." I said matter of factly.

"I miss you too princess," he said. "So damn much!"

I yawned again and looked at the clock which read 11:45. I was exhausted and in desperate need of sleep but I didn't want to stop talking to Logan.

"You should go to sleep Zoe, I know you're tired and it's late there. I'm tired myself."

"But I don't to stop talking to you." I argue.