Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"When you've had enough hurt
And you're tired of the tears
If you wanna fall baby
Fall here" - Fall Here - Rascal Flatts

"Zoe! Oh Zoe!" I hear someone yelling.

I ripped my earbuds out of my ears and Logan comes bursting into my room. "Ever heard of knocking?" I said as I put the magazine I was looking through before he rudely barged through my room.

"Yeah but I just choose not to." He smirked.

Asshole.

I sighed, "What do you want Logan?"

"Well Miss PMS I was just seeing if you wanted to come hiking with us today."

I rolled my eyes, "Im not PMSing, I just don't like people barging into my personal space."

He ignored my comment, "What do you say? Hiking?" He asked raising an eyebrow at me.

"Sure, why not." I smiled.

He returned my smile, "Well then hurry up missy!Get changed and we'll go."

I shoved him out of my room, "I'll be down in ten."

"You're no fun!" I hear him yell from behind the door. I laughed as I got ready.

Not long after that we were on our way to the Southport Park.

"So where exactly are we going to hike at?" I asked Logan as I changed stations on the radio.

"There is this really nice trail at the park. You can hike or ride bikes. It's something we like to do when the weather is pretty." He explains.

"Sounds fun."

We get there and I see the others waiting on us. They all have back packs and I realized that I didn't bring one.

I frowned, "Logan I didn't bring a backpack."

"That's okay, I packed a lunch for you." He said patting his back pack.

I smiled, he can be so sweet at times. My crush for him grows everyday but I know that I couldn't ever date him. I don't think him and Ashley are fully over and I'm not sure if I can trust him.

I step out of the car and feel the gentle autumn breeze. It was already mid September. I can't believe it's been about a month since I've moved here.

We reach the group and Zach leads us down the trail. We make small talk as we hike through it.

Cara nudges me, "How are you and Logan?" She asked giving me a smirk.

I give her a puzzled look, "The same I guess?" It came out more as a question then a statement.

She chuckled, "When are you going to tell him about your undeniably crush on him?"

My eyes grew wide as i shushed her. Logan was only a few feet in front of us. I don't want him finding out."Shhh he doesn't know and he won't!"

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say love sick puppy."

"I am not a love sick puppy." I scoffed.

She laughed, "Mhm Sure."

I swear I'm gonna kill her before the day is over. I'm kidding but seriously Logan can't find out. It will just push him away and that's the last thing i want to happen.

I keep walking and just admire the beautiful scenery around me. The leaves haven't turned yet but they are slowly starting to.

"Hey guys, we are going to stop here and eat lunch." Kelsey says pointing to the picnic tables we were approaching.

I walk over and sit on one of the tables. Logan joins me and sets his backpack down. "PB & J or ham and cheese?" He asked me.

I grinned, "PB & J"

He gives me my sandwich and I start chow down. I didn't realize how hungry I actually was.

Logan sits down beside me and starts eating his sandwich.

"This is delicious! Thanks for making this Logan." I told him.

"Ah it's no problem. I'm glad you like it." He replied.

I finish eating and i sit back and wait for the others. I glance around at my new friends and smile. I'm really beginning to love it here in Florida and I'm genuinely happy.

Logan catches my eye and smiles while taking a bite of his sandwich.

Finally the others finish eating and I help Logan pack up our stuff. We get up and start hiking on the trail again.
Logan and I walk side by side swinging our arms down the trail. "What do you think of this place?" He asked.

"I love it! It's really pretty." I said.

"I told ya." Logan walks on and catches up with the guys and I stay back a little.

We continue walking and I guess I was just too caught up with the scenery, the next thing I knew I was falling down. My face connected with the ground and my knees and elbow burned.

"Ow ow ow," I said turning over and sitting up.

"Oh my god! Zoe!" Logan comes rushing towards me.

I try not to cry but my knees hurt so freaking bad. They are bleeding and I can see the gravel that are stuck in it.

"Hey, are you okay?" Logan asks once he's by my side.

"Yeah it just hurts. I don't know if I can stand up." I say.

"Come on, get on my back." He turns around and I wrap my arms around his neck and climb onto his back. He stands up and I wrap my legs around his waist. His strong arms are holding my weight up and he starts walking back to the picnic tables. He told the others to go on and we would meet back up with them.

My knees still burned but I was a little distracted by him giving me a piggyback ride. And no I didn't fall on purpose.

He sits me on the picnic table and starts unzipping his back pack. "I'm going to have to clean this off before I can put a bandaid on, so this may sting a little." He says pulling out some wipes.

He comes closer and I jerk away at the last second. "No, Logan it hurts. I don't want to." He looks up at me, "Zoe, you have to. You don't want it to get infected. It will only hurt for a second."

I put my leg back down and he holds it down with his left hand while his right hand starts to clean up my bleeding knee.

I wince at the pain but I know he's being as gentle as possible. He grabs a bandaid and gently puts it on the cut. "All right it's all done." He said putting up the first aid kit.

"Thanks," I say.

"How does it feel? Can you walk?" He asked.

"I'll try," I get down from the picnic table and try to put some weight on it. My knee still is sore but I can walk okay with a limp. "Here I'll help," he puts his arm around my waist and supported me as I walked.

We walked or well he walked, i limped back to his car. He hoisted me up into the seat and he got into the driver's seat.

"Well I'm sorry we didn't get to finish the hike." He said.

I chuckled, "It's okay, it really my fault. I'm so clumsy."

He looked at me and chuckled for a second then went back to watching the road. He took me home and made sure my knee was alright before heading home.

----

Sorta a filler chapter but hope you guys enjoyed it anyways. Don't forget to comment and let me know you're reading. :)