Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"I hate the homecoming queen
I'm pretty damn sure she can't stand me
She thinks she's on the cover of a magazine
I hate the homecoming queen tonight, that's right" - I hate the homecoming queen - Emily Osment

Homecoming Night, the night that everyone has looked forward to since the first day of the school year. I've personally have never experienced it considering my old life in my old home town, I was a loner and never went out. So I guess you could so I was a bit excited for tonight. Or at least I think I am,

The nerves were starting to set in once I looked myself in the mirror all dolled up to perfection in my midnight blue dress. The girl staring back at me doesn't look like me at all. Im wearing more makeup than I've ever worn in my life and my hair comes down on my shoulders in perfect curls. I liked what I saw but I wasn't used to it.

Kelsey had came to my house to help get me and Cara ready for tonight. They had just left to head to the game and I was about to. My mom was driving me since she wanted to be at the game just in case I won queen.

Like that would happen. If I won queen I'm pretty sure Ashley would kill me right there on the football field, not giving a shit that everyone would see.

I'm just happy to be part of the court. At least I'm making a name for myself. Just like my mom and all my friends back at home wanted.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and I turned to see my mom in the doorway, "Oh my don't you look beautiful!" She said smiling as she made her way to me.

I smiled back her, "Thanks mom."

"You almost ready to go?"

"Yeah, let me just grab my things." I went and got my purse and stuffed it with my phone, some money, and lipstick.

My mom and little sister were waiting for me downstairs and we all walked out to the car to head to the game.

-----

I was pretty overwhelmed when we pulled up to the game. There was so many people! Cars filled up the whole parking lot and more were still coming in.

I walked to the side entrance where we were instructed to meet. I saw some of the other girls who were in the court. They were underclassmen so I didn't know them well. I spotted Cara walking in and she made her way over to me.

"You look so gorgeous girl!" Cara squealed not like she just saw me 15 minutes ago.

I gave her a hug, "You look gorgeous too!" Cara was wearing a pretty light pink dress with sequins covering the top.

Ashley then stalked up in a cherry red, fiery dress and she looked like she just came out of a prom and homecoming dress ad.

"I hope you girls don't have your hopes set too high because let's be honest here, we all know I'll get queen." She sneers at Cara and I.

We roll our eyes and ignore her. Something I've learned to do when it comes to her. She hasn't let go of her jealousy of how close me and Logan have become and she's a little bitter.

"Hey Zoe," I perked up at my name, "I hope you have fun watching me and Logan dance tonight at the annual homecoming dance tonight." Ashley smirks.

"He's not my boyfriend, I don't care if you dance with him or not." I then cock my head, "and how do you know he'll dance with you tonight?"

She shook her head, "Oh sweetie, were you not informed that the homecoming queen and king have to share a slow dance in front of everyone at the homecoming dance. We all already know it will be me and Logan." She taunts.