Free Falling | Febuwhump Day 25

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"Rex!" Kix barked back. "I've never known you to give up like this. We're going down there to look for her. What if you're wrong and she is alive, but because we never went to look for her, she dies anyway."

Rex glared at Kix for a long time, but ultimately, Kix was right. "Fine."

🪐🪐🪐

Ahsoka couldn't breathe. The pain came in nauseating bursts, slicing through her lungs and clogging up her throat. She wanted to scream, to call for someone to come and help her, but her voice was gone.

Tears streamed from her eyes, leaving wet, itchy rivers down the side of her face and lekku, she tried to focus on them instead of the pain. She was sure she'd dislocated every joint and broken every bone there was to break.

She's always wanted to die surrounded by her family, but hey, there's no guarantee with war.

But then she heard it: a twig snap. Footsteps. And she could've cried with relief. Ahsoka forced out a strangled sound and the world seemed to freeze around her.

And then there came shouts, cries of excitement, and suddenly a flood of clones rushed toward her and Kix fell to the ground at her side.

His fingers danced around her, checking for vitals and he breathed with relief at what he felt. He flicked open his med kit and winced.

"Commander, listen very carefully to me," Kix said, and Ahsoka sucked in a breath of fear. "I don't have any pain meds but I have to reset you before we can move you back to camp. I need you to stay awake for me, got it? Tup and Fives are going to help you the best they can. I know it hurts, but you have to stay awake."

Ahsoka whimpered thickly and bit her lips.

Fives gave her his hand but she couldn't move a thing and she couldn't squeeze it.

And then she felt a crackling pain as Kix slammed her joints back together. Her eyes bugged out and she opened her mouth to scream but no sound came. Fives and Tup were in her face, telling her to focus, but she couldn't.

More crackling pain jolted through her and she slammed unceremoniously into the cold bliss of unconsciousness.

🪐🪐🪐

The clones watched with sinking hearts as Ahsoka's eyes rolled back and her head lolled uselessly to the side. Kix winced but he kept working steadily at resetting her. After an agonizing eternity, Kix sat back and observed his work: she was back in line, but so many bones had been broken and her skin had been shredded by plants and jagged rocks.

Tup and Fives desperately flicked her cheeks, trying to wake her up, telling her that Kix was finished so she could open her eyes.

But she didn't wake up. Kix checked her vitals, which were all weak but there.

"Fives, pick her up. We have to get her back to camp. Fast."

🪐🪐🪐

When Skywalker found out about his padawan, he went ballistic. He was panicking and furious all at the same time, and it took everyone to hold him back as Kix got her set.

They called a medial evac, and within minutes, they were loading her gurney up into a gunship bound for Coruscant where they could dump her in the Halls of Healing.

Everyone was rather distracted for the rest of the campaign. They got their heads in the game when they had to, but otherwise, they were all a little quieter and no one joked as much.

But when they finally returned to Coruscant, Ahsoka was waiting for them, bubly and hyper-active as if nothing had happened.

"Jedi force-healers are pretty awesome," Ahsoka said when the clones looked at her in disbelief.

She was still a bit pale and tired-looking, but she was alive, and for that, everyone was grateful. 

---------------------

Word Count: 1,129

Published: 2 June 2023

This had been TwentyFunnyBunnies cutting every corner she can and being as lazy as possible; Tune in next time for more half-hearted fics from yours truly~

With this one I really liked it at first and then I got bored of it I guess... but I cut and hemmed myself five pears of shorts, learned two songs on the piano, read way too much fanfiction, AND managed to burn myself with a curling iron so... ✨productivity✨

Owwww my finger is on fire and it hurts even more with every key I punch. I need to go run it under cold water again. 

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment if you have any ideas!

Bye, peoples!