One Question: What's Your Favorite Color? | Febuwhump Day 20

Heyo, human beings from outer space!

So. It's, uh, been a fat minute. And you may be wondering why I disappeared off the face of this planet for over 20 days. Well, one reason is that I wrote 2 romances for a friend, which will probably appear on here soon. And also I've been watching Star Trek. 

hEaR mE oUt! I honestly don't see why I'm supposed to like one or the other. Don't get me wrong, I'll always be much more invested in Star Wars, but I respect Star Trek as a completely different fandom with different characters and ideas. 

So, in honor of this statement I've made, I'm mixing Star Wars and Star Trek: I'm taking some scenes from a Trek movie and making all the characters Star Wars. But I'm not telling you which movie. If you can guess by the end, I'll give you two digital cookies! Oh, and today's prompt is Knife wound. 

Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/v6JT4Bi9uWw

Read on if you dare. 

Ahsoka jerked awake to a sharp, nauseating pain in her shoulder and the sound of Kix beating open the escape pod hatch. He turned to see if she was awake, and when he saw that she was, he nodded for her to get up and struggled to pull himself through the opening. He must've been as sore as Ahsoka was.

Ahsoka pushed herself upward and more searing pain shot through her shoulder. Her attention snapped down to see a jagged piece of shrapnel jutting from it. The sight made the pain worse and she grit her teeth, staggering toward the hatch after Kix.

Thankfully, the shrapnel was just beside her shoulder, about at her collar bone, so she could move her arms high enough to reach the hatch. Or, almost reach it. She was a few inches too short, to her great frustration.

Ahsoka heard Kix jump to the ground with a splash, which meant there was water. Oh joy, Ahsoka thought sarcastically.

She turned to see a bit of the pod had caved in, making a dent large enough to give her the boost she needed to reach the hatch. Bracing for the pain, she hopped onto the dent and shot her arms upward to reach the hatch.

Ahsoka's feet slipped on the dent as she tried to pull herself through and she barely managed to hang on as her legs swung forward to smash into the wall. Panting from the pain, she heaved herself upward and twisted, growling, so she could slide out without upsetting the shrapnel.

Kix, who had previously been surveying the environment which was only water and rocks, turned to see her. His expression tightened and he jumped forward to scoop her into his arms and lift her the rest of the way out of the pod. He kept a tight grip on her and brought her around to set her against the pod, saving her from soaking her boots in the water he tramped through.

"Sit down over here," Kix instructed her in his I'm-the-medic-and-you-do-what-I-say voice.

Ahsoka huffed and panted from the pain, squeezing her eyes shut as she slowly lay back against the battered metal of the pod.

"Easy, easy," Kix said, easing her down so the shrapnel didn't do any more damage than it had already done. "Okay, just relax, Commander. You're going to be okay."

"Kix," Ahsoka gritted out against the pain that told her Kix was certainly lying. "I haven't ever heard you sugar coat something before."

Kix sighed heavily, but it came out as more of a hiss. "Alright then, no more of that. How about it's really bad and I'm concerned for your life? That better?"

"Much," Ahsoka said. "I'd be concerned if you weren't. It's your job." She reached up her hand to grab her shoulder, the survival instincts of her species and Rex's teaching kicking in. Find shelter. Find others. Get to safety. She let out a growl of pain as she tried to yank herself upright.