An Unexpected Encounter

Heyo, human beings from outer space!

Today, I bring you more of Ahsoka suffering because why not?

I hope you all like this. I think as soon as you read the first word, you'll know where it's going. I'm honestly pretty happy with this. 

Read on if you dare.

"Omega, don't go too far!" Hunter hollered after Omega as she skipped ahead of the group.

The flames still licked the still-intact and burnable debris lining the mostly-destroyed town. No longer inhabitable buildings were hardly recognizable. Thick smoke hung in the air.

Hunter couldn't wait to get out of there. It was a hot mess. Literally.

Omega turned down a side alleyway. Hunter listened to the constant patter of her footsteps. They stopped, and everything fell silent for a moment.

"Hello?" Hunter heard Omega say. "Do you need help?"

Sharing a glance with the others, the group of clones slammed their helmets on and picked up their pace to catch up with Omega. Hunter heard no response from whoever or whatever Omega was talking to. It may have been an animal. A dangerous, wild animal.

Hunter halted at the entrance of the alleyway. He could see Omega, but not whoever or whatever she was speaking to. Hunter started approaching slowly, motioning for Wrecker, Tech, and Echo to stay still. If it was in fact an animal, he didn't want to spook it.

"We can help you," Omega offered.

"No, really, I'm okay," a frail voice could be heard this time. Well, that meant it couldn't be an animal.

As he came closer, he found who Omega was talking to. She was talking to a juvenile, female Togruta. With a knife.

When the Togruta saw him, she snapped a jagged dagger to above her head in a reverse grip and assumed a defensive position. Her lips drew back, exposing every one of her sharp teeth and her fangs. Her nose scrunched up into a snarl and her eyes narrowed. She looked like a ferocious feline ready to attack.

"It's okay. It's just Hunter. He's my friend," Omega told the Togruta, who, in response, shifted her position a bit.

Hunter nodded Echo over and set his hands on Omega's shoulders. Hunter started backing Omega away as Echo came forward.

Echo's eyes blew wide suddenly and he gasped, dropping his blaster. "C-commander Tano?" He stammered.

The Togruta's face relaxed from its snarl and her eyes widened in shock, but it instantly resumed its original position.

"What's your business?!" she demanded.

"Commander, it's me," Echo took off his helmet and let it clatter to the ground. "It's me, Echo."

The Togruta, presumably Commander Tano dropped her dagger. Her eyes widened and she sucked in a quick breath. She held her hands out and took a step back.

"N-no," she shook her head, her glassy, unfocused eyes pinned on him. "My mind is playing tricks. This isn't real. You're dead. I-I'm hallucinating."

"You're not hallucinating," Echo assured her. "I'm real. I never died. The Separatists captured me after the Citadel, and Rex and Clone Force 99 came and saved me."

"But when I came back... the Seige of Mandalore... you weren't there!" she argued.

"I joined Clone Force 99. It's still me, Commander," Echo took a step closer. She took a step back.