31. Suffer Alone

.......

Dai's POV

Why did I remember that in this time.

Why would I remember something that made me suffer as so?

Naleta... She had always been like that but when she... When she destroyed my family. I didn't know how to react. I was hurt. That was my family, my children.

But they all loved her more.

I had no good relationship with my children, I tried to but it never worked, the rules I imposed on them made a barrier between our relationship as father and children. Yet they always went to Naleta. One of the reasons I love her is because she has that connection with them.

And I couldn't let that connection break.

Even if it meant destroying the little connection I had with my children.

I had to take the blame...

I had to suffer alone.

________

Whis' POV

Back then.

Back then I had no power.

No power to stop it.

No power to unite my family.

No power to break my father from his shell of misery.

I tried. I couldn't.

Even now... I have no power.

Why am I stuck in this void? Is this my punishment.... Of turning my back on my family? Of letting my father sink in despair, letting Naleta bear the void of this family, turning away from my siblings. Letting all of us cry alone.

What can I do to stop this. What can I do to change it? How can I stop these chains of dominos from destroying my family?

I only want us to be happy.

But we only break more.

Why can't we just be happy?

___________

Naleta's POV

What am I doing?

Do I want this for myself. Do I want to do this to James?

No. I don't. I don't want him to suffer. He's gone through so much. I've given him all the reason to hate me.

Was it that that manifested that day?

Was it that the hate he had been harbouring for me? Waiting for the time when I was at my most vulnerable?

Was James that kind of person?

I know I shouldn't be thinking about this. I deserve it don't I? I deserve all that comes to me. I erased his children. It's all the right that he wouldn't want to do anything with someone like me.

He might have only have took the blame because he wanted to get back at me? Or because he thought his angels wouldn't believe him?

Why?

Why did he act as if he loved me if that's the case?

Why did he open up to me? Why did he let me see all his weakness? Why did he cry in my arms?

Why did he love me?

Someone like me? Destined to be a problem for him. He new yet he still loved me.

Why?

Why James?

Why are you making me suffer?

~~~~~~~