𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | QUEEN DEATH

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE SUNLIGHT CREPT INTO RILEY AND ELIJAH'S BEDROOM AND FORCED THE GIRL AWAKE. A groan left her lips as she rolled over, expecting to nuzzle her body into muscular one of her fiancé, but he had not slept in his side of the bed. Riley sat up, confused and almost disorientated from her rest as she finally stepped out of bed. The girl threw on jeans and a jumper before she hurried down to the courtyard where she heard Klaus, Hope and Avery.

"Now, you girls can't call yourselves connoisseurs if you have not sampled each and every one of these." Klaus gestured to the dining table with a dozen pastries and beignets laid out for the witches. "Did I ever tell you the story of my first beignet? No? Well, you two are in for a treat." Klaus jumped up to his feet and smiled. "Long ago, three French nuns came to New Orleans looking for a fresh start and they came here. They marched right into our courtyard and they presented Elijah and me with these rather lumpy-looking, sugar-coated pastries. Needless to say, we were entranced. We set them up quite well."

"But, why you?" Avery asked, almost as if she were genuinely interested.

"Because there was a time when we were regarded as royalty. You might even go so far as to say I was king, which makes you two princesses."

"Morning, you two." Riley beamed as she stepped out into the courtyard, pressing a gentle kiss on Avery's head and then Hope's. "Sugar for breakfast, hm? I'm sure Hayley will have something to say about that."

"You okay? You look troubled." Klaus raised an eyebrow toward the girl.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm okay. I just wanted to talk to you." Riley motioned for Klaus to move away from the girls, and so he did. "We might have a problem. I haven't seen Elijah since last night. He was headed to Marcel's."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Riley and Freya were in one of the backrooms of the compound attempting to perform a locator spell to find Elijah. Klaus had disappeared to Marcel's, hoping to find his brother at Marcel's apartment making amends. 

"That was Klaus." Hayley announced, slipping her phone into the back pocket of her jeans as she stepped into the room. "He's not at Marcel's."

Freya looked up, noticing the anxious look that immediately swept across Riley's face. "We'll find him. Together."

"We have to." The strawberry-blonde took a deep breath before she and Freya gripped each other's hands and began to perform the spell."Jälgida minu blóo mitt. Jälgida minu blóo mitt." 

"He's cloaked by magic. I can feel it." 

As soon as Freya announced Elijah was seemingly cloaked by magic, The Hollow's jawbone began to move in circles on it's own on a nearby table. The three women anxiously moved toward it, watching it's movements as Vincent strolled in.